• Utah State (13-12, 6-6 MW) will look for its third consecutive victory at home, hosting Boise State (20-4, 10-2 MW) on Saturday, Feb. 10, at 7 p.m.
• Fans can watch the game on AT&T Sports Net Rocky Mountain - Comcast Ch. 52/693HD, Dish Network Ch. 414, DirecTV Ch. 683 - with Drew Goodman providing play-by-play and Joe Cravens serving as the analyst.
• Utah State leads the all-time series 30-15, including an 18-3 advantage in Logan. However, USU has lost each of the last six games overall and each of the last three in Logan. Prior to the losing streak, USU had won eight of the last nine.
• Utah State and Boise State have played nine times in Mountain West play with all but one game being decided by six points or less.
• Utah State is 9-3 at home this season and have won seven of its last nine inside the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum. A victory would give the Aggies their 24th consecutive season with double-digit wins at home.
• Merrill has been the top marksman for the Aggies in league play, shooting 53.5 percent (69-of-129) from the floor, 52.1 percent (37-of-71) from behind the 3-point line and 88.9 percent (24-of-27) at the free throw line.
• McEwen has been the top rebounder for the Aggies in league play, averaging 7.0 boards per game. Over the last five games, McEwen is averaging a team-best 8.4 rebounds per game. McEwen also leads the team overall with 5.3 rebounds per game, making him the first guard to lead Utah State in rebounding since 2006-07, when Jaycee Carroll averaged 6.3 per contest.
• Utah State has made double-digit 3-point buckets in 10 games this season and are 7-3 on the year when recording 10 or more 3-point shots in a game. Oddly, USU’s three losses have come when making 11 3-point shots in a game.
Scouting Boise State
Boise State is 20-4 on the year and in first place of the Mountain West with a 10-2 mark in league play. The Broncos only losses in conference play have come on the road at Wyoming (79-78 OT) and at Nevada (74-68).
BSU is led by MW Preseason Player of the Year Chandler Hutchison with 19.9 points per game and team highs of 7.7 rebounds per game, to go along with 82 assists and 32 steals on the year. He is followed in scoring by Justinian Jessup with 11.8 points per game and Chris Sengfelder with 11.4 points per game. Overall, Boise State is averaging 78.9 points per game and shooting 46.9 percent (670-of-1,428) from the floor, 39.4 percent (240-of-609) from behind the 3-point line and 72.7 percent (314-of-432) at the free throw line.
Defensively, teams are averaging 68.4 points per game against the Broncos and shooting 42.1 percent (597-of-1,417) from the floor, 31.1 percent (161-of-517) from behind the 3-point line and 73.6 percent (287-of-390) at the free throw line. Jessup leads the Broncos with 16 blocks on the year.
Head coach Leon Rice is in his eighth year at the helm, guiding the Broncos to an overall mark of 162-91 over that span.
Utah State Looking for...02/09/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LARAMIE, Wyo. - Utah State men's basketball (13-12, 6-6 MW) lost at Wyoming (16-8, 7-4 MW) 83-65 ...02/07/2018
Utah State Back in Action...02/05/2018
Koby McEwen Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named the Mountain West Player of...02/05/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...02/05/2018
McEwen’s Career-High ...
LOGAN, Utah – Sophomore guard Koby McEwen scored the first eight points of the game for...01/31/2018
Utah State Hosts New Mexico...01/29/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...01/29/2018
Official Aggie Gear