- Utah State (14-13, 7-7 MW) continues its 2017-18 season on Saturday afternoon, hosting league-leading Nevada (22-5, 11-2) at 4 o’clock.
- Utah State leads the all-time series 35-21, including a 19-4 advantage in Logan. USU has won three of the last four games against the Wolf Pack inside the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
- Utah State has lost 13 straight games against ranked opponents. However, the last victory against a ranked foe came against Nevada when the Aggies beat the No. 10 Wolf Pack 79-77 in overtime during the final week of the season and then posted another 79-77 victory a week later in the WAC Tournament during the 2006-07 season.
- The last time these two teams met in the Spectrum, Nevada was also atop the Mountain West, but Utah State posted a 74-57 victory over the Wolf Pack on Feb. 1, 2017.
- Sophomore guards Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen are the top-scoring guard tandem in the Mountain West, averaging 17.4 and 16.9 points per game, respectively, in conference play.
- Merrill was particularly dialed in during the Aggies’ last game at New Mexico, scoring a career-high 33 points on a career-high 11 field goals, including a career-high seven 3-point field goals. The seven 3-point field goals tied for the sixth-most in a single game in school history.
- Merrill is already ranked among the career leaders in 3-point field goal percentage in Utah State history, sitting third in the all-time record books with a career percentage of 45.1 percent (117-of-259) from long range. Merrill is ranked No. 16 in the nation, shooting 45.2 percent (71-of-157) this season.
- McEwen has been the top rebounder for the Aggies in league play, averaging 6.6 boards per game. McEwen also leads the team overall with 5.2 rebounds per game, making him the first guard to lead Utah State in rebounding since 2006-07, when Jaycee Carroll averaged 6.3 per contest.
No. 24 Nevada is 22-5 on the year, including an 11-2 mark in league play. The Wolf Pack has won four of their last five, including a 77-72 victory at Boise State on Wednesday night.
Nevada is averaging 82.7 points per game and shooting 46.8 percent (749-of-1,599) from the floor, 39.7 percent (255-of-643) from behind the 3-point line and 75.2 percent (480-of-638) at the free throw line. Individually, Nevada is paced by four double-digit scorers in Caleb Martin (19.5 ppg), Jordan Caroline (16.9 ppg), Kendall Stephens (13.4 ppg) and Cody Martin (13.3 ppg). Caroline also leads the team on the glass, averaging 8.9 rebounds per game, while Lindsey Drew has totaled 117 assists on the year for the Wolf Pack. Drew’s availability for the game is in question after suffering an injury to his Achilles.
Defensively, opponents are averaging 71.2 points per game against the Wolf Pack and shooting 42.5 percent (692-of-1,630) from the floor, 30.6 percent (195-of-638) from behind the 3-point line and 70.5 percent (344-of-488) at the free throw line. Cody Martin leads Nevada in both steals and blocks, totaling 42 and 37 on the year, respectively.
Head coach Eric Musselman is in his third year, guiding the Wolf Pack to an overall mark of 74-26 during his tenure.
Where to Watch
The game against Nevada can been seen on the CBS Sports Network (Comcast Ch. 269/753HD, Dish Network Ch. 158, DirecTV Ch. 221) with Darren Goldwater providing the play-by-play and Dan Dickau serving as the analyst.
Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State sophomore guards Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen have been named third...03/06/2018
Utah State at Mountain West...03/05/2018
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/03/2018
Utah State Concludes...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State celebrated Senior Night in emphatic fashion with a 79-67 win over ...03/03/2018
Utah State Hosts UNLV in...03/02/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Utah State men's basketball (14-16, 7-10 Mountain West) lost, 64-62, to San...02/28/2018
Utah State at San José...02/26/2018
Final Tim Duryea Coaches...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...02/26/2018
Official Aggie Gear