• Utah State leads the all-time series 16-4, including a 6-4 advantage on the road. The Aggies have won six of the last eight on the road in Colorado Springs.
• Utah State has posted double-digit victories in six of the last seven games against the Falcons, averaging a margin of victory of 18.5 points.
• Utah State has outrebounded the Falcons in each of the last six games. USU is 9-5 on the year when outrebounding the opposition.
• Merrill and McEwen have scored 30 or more points in back-to-back games, as Merrill scored a career-high 33 at New Mexico (2/14) and McEwen scored a career-high 32 against Nevada (2/17). It marked the first time teammates have scored 30 or more points in back-to-back games since the 1993-94 season when Nathan Wickizer scored 34, followed by 31 points by Corwin Woodard.
• McEwen has scored 20 or more points in two games against the Falcons during his career and is averaging 16.7 points per game against Air Force, shooting 50.0 percent (18-of-36) over the course of his career.
• Merrill has recorded a pair of double-digit scoring outings against the Falcons in three career games against Air Force, averaging 14.0 points per game and shooting 65.2 percent (15-of-23) from the floor and 58.9 percent (10-of-17) from behind the 3-point line.
Scouting Air Force
Air Force is 10-16 overall on the year and 4-10 in the Mountain West, having lost three in a row against UNLV (81-73), Boise State (76-52) and San Diego State (67-56).
The Falcons are averaging 68.2 points per game and are shooting 41.9 percent (611-of-1,459) from the floor, 32.6 percent (204-of-626) from behind the 3-point line and 74.7 percent (348-of-466) at the free throw line. Individually, Lavelle Scottie leads Air Force with 12.0 points per game, while Trevor Lyons leads the team with 83 assists, averaging 3.2 per game. Ryan Swan leads the Falcons on the glass, averaging 4.7 rebounds per game.
Defensively, teams are averaging 73.1 points per game against the Falcons and shooting 47.5 percent (662-of-1,395) from the floor, 40.4 percent (250-of-619) from behind the 3-point line and 72.2 percent (327-of-453) at the free throw line. Lyons leads AFA with 34 steals and Swan leads the team with 16 blocks on the year.
Head coach Dave Pilipovich is in his sixth year at the helm in Colorado Springs, guiding the Falcons to an overall mark of 82-110 during his tenure.
Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State sophomore guards Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen have been named third...03/06/2018
Utah State at Mountain West...03/05/2018
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/03/2018
Utah State Concludes...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State celebrated Senior Night in emphatic fashion with a 79-67 win over ...03/03/2018
Utah State Hosts UNLV in...03/02/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Utah State men's basketball (14-16, 7-10 Mountain West) lost, 64-62, to San...02/28/2018
Utah State at San José...02/26/2018
Final Tim Duryea Coaches...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...02/26/2018
Official Aggie Gear