Game Notes | Live Stats | Listen Live | Watch Live
• Utah State (14-15, 7-9 MW) will play its final road game of the 2017-18 season on Wednesday, Feb. 28, facing San José State at 8 p.m. (MT).
• Utah State and San José State have the sixth-longest series in USU history, with the Aggies leading 60-21. USU has won 21 straight games against the Spartans and 27 of the last 28.
• Utah State is 20-13 all-time against the Spartans in road games, and has won nine straight in San Jose.
• Utah State has had at least one 20-point scorer against San José State in each of the last six games. Sophomore guard Koby McEwen scored 24 points against the Spartans in the first game between the two teams on Dec. 27.
• McEwen and fellow sophomore guard Sam Merrill are the top-scoring back-court tandem in the Mountain West, averaging 17.6 and 16.8 points per game, respectively, in conference play.
• McEwen led Utah State in points, rebounds, assists and steals at Air Force in the Aggies’ last time out. The performance marked the second time this season that the sophomore has led USU in all four statistics during a game, also leading the Aggies in points, rebounds, assists and steals against New Mexico on Jan. 31.
• Merrill is one of the top shooters in the nation from behind the 3-point line this year, connecting on 45.6 percent (78-of-171) from long range to rank No. 12 in the nation.
• Utah State has already put up a record number of 3-point attempts this season, totaling 726 on the year, eclipsing the previous school record of 695 attempts set during the 2015-16 season. In fact, USU has recorded more 3-point attempts under head coach Tim Duryea than any other three-year period in Utah State basketball history.
Scouting San José State
San José State is 3-24 on the year and winless in the Mountain West with an 0-16 record in league play. The Spartans have lost 16 straight since suffering an 86-72 defeat against Utah State to open their Mountain West slate.
SJSU is led by a pair of double-digit scorers in Ryan Welage and Keith Fisher, averaging 18.3 and 10.4 points per game, respectively. As a team, San José State is averaging 66.2 points per game and shooting 43.6 percent (634-of-1,453) from the floor, 36.6 percent (157-of-429) from behind the 3-point line and 69.4 percent (363-of-523) at the free throw line. Fisher leads the Spartans on the glass, averaging 6.3 rebounds per contest. Jalen James leads SJSU with 2.5 assists per game.
Defensively, teams are averaging 75.6 points per game against the Spartans and shooting 43.8 percent (701-of-1,600) from the floor, 35.1 percent (265-of-756) from behind the 3-point line and 73.2 percent (374-of-511) at the free throw line. Fisher leads the team with 22 steals and Oumar Barry protects the rim with 23 blocks on the year.
Head coach Jean Prioleau is in his first season at the helm in San Jose, joining the Spartans following seven-year stint at Colorado.
Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State sophomore guards Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen have been named third...03/06/2018
Utah State at Mountain West...03/05/2018
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/03/2018
Utah State Concludes...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State celebrated Senior Night in emphatic fashion with a 79-67 win over ...03/03/2018
Utah State Hosts UNLV in...03/02/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Utah State men's basketball (14-16, 7-10 Mountain West) lost, 64-62, to San...02/28/2018
Utah State at San José...02/26/2018
Final Tim Duryea Coaches...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...02/26/2018
Official Aggie Gear