USU Game Notes | UNLV Game Notes | Live Stats | Listen Live | WatchESPN | Buy Tickets
• Utah State (14-16, 7-10 MW) hosts UNLV (19-11, 8-9 MW) in the 2017-18 regular season finale on Saturday, March 3, at 7 p.m.
• UNLV leads the all-time series 32-6, including a 12-4 advantage in Logan. However, Utah State captured an 85-78 victory over the Runnin’ Rebels in Las Vegas in the first meeting between the two schools earlier this season.
• Both teams enter the game having lost each of their last four games.
• The game will have significance in the Mountain West Tournament standings as the winner will have the seventh seed and the loser with have the eighth seed.
• McEwen has logged 20 or more points in two of his three games against UNLV during his career.
• Merrill and McEwen are the top-scoring back-court tandem in the Mountain West, averaging 17.6 and 16.8 points per game, respectively, in conference play.
• Merrill is one the top shooters in the Mountain West and in the nation this season, leading the league behind the 3-point line in conference games with a 53.6 percent (60-of-112) clip from deep this year. Furthermore, Merrill is eighth in the nation with a 3-point field goal percentage of 46.4 percent (85-of-183).
• Utah State shot a school- and Mountain West-record 43 3-point attempts in its last time out at San José State on Wednesday, Feb. 28.
UNLV is 19-11 on the year and 8-9 in the Mountain West, but enters the contest having lost each of its last four games.
The Runnin’ Rebels are led in scoring by four players averaging double figures in Brandon McCoy (16.9 ppg), Shakur Juiston (14.5 ppg), Jordan Johnson (14.1 ppg) and Jovan Mooring (14.0 ppg). As a team, UNLV is averaging 83.8 points per game and shooting 49.1 percent (895-of-1,822) from the floor, 33.5 percent (168-of-501) from behind the 3-point line and 70.3 percent (557-of-792) at the free throw line. McCoy and Juiston lead UNLV on the glass, averaging double-double numbers of 10.3 and 10.1 rebounds per game, respectively. Johnson leads the offense with 176 assists and is tops in the Mountain West with 5.9 assists per game.
Defensively, teams are averaging 77.6 points per game against the Runnin’ Rebels and shooting 42.7 percent (861-of-2,016) from the floor, 33.9 percent (212-of-625) from behind the 3-point line and 74.2 percent (395-of-532) at the free throw line. McCoy leads UNLV with 52 blocks and is second in the Mountain West with 1.7 per game. Johnson leads the team with 37 steals.
Head coach Marvin Menzies is in his second at the helm in Las Vegas, compiling an overall mark of 30-32 during that span.
Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State sophomore guards Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen have been named third...03/06/2018
Utah State at Mountain West...03/05/2018
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/03/2018
Utah State Concludes...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State celebrated Senior Night in emphatic fashion with a 79-67 win over ...03/03/2018
Utah State Hosts UNLV in...03/02/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Utah State men's basketball (14-16, 7-10 Mountain West) lost, 64-62, to San...02/28/2018
Utah State at San José...02/26/2018
Final Tim Duryea Coaches...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...02/26/2018
Official Aggie Gear