Game Notes | Live Stats | Listen Live | Watch Live
• Utah State will open its 113th season of men’s basketball on Friday night, facing Weber State on the road at 7 p.m. (MT). The Aggies are 1,566-1,091 (.589) in 2,657 games played in its history.
• Utah State is 83-29 all-time in season openers and has won 22 of its last 23. The stretch includes seven season-opening victories over Weber State. The Aggies have won 13 of their last 17 season openers when opening on the road.
• Utah State has opened the season against Weber State three times over the past four years, including on the road in Ogden two of the last three seasons.
• Utah State has beaten Weber State in four of the last five, eight of the last 10 and 14 of the last 17.
• The game is riddled with coaching connections as Utah State head coach Tim Duryea and Weber State head coach Randy Rahe were both assistants under former USU head coach Stew Morrill. Weber State associate head coach Eric Duft was on the staff at Hutchinson Junior College with Duryea and WSU assistant coach Dave Marek was on the USU staff with Duryea for two years.
Scouting Weber State
Weber State finished the 2016-17 season with an overall mark of 20-14, finishing third in the Big Sky with a league mark of 12-6. The Wildcats advanced to the second round of the CIT in the postseason, falling 82-73 at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
WSU lost its top two offensive threats in graduated seniors Jeremy Senglin (21.1 ppg) and Kyndahl Hill (10.1 ppg) from last season, in addition to its top rebounder in Hill (7.9 rpg). Junior forward Zach Braxton is the top returner for the Wildcats in both categories, averaging 10.1 points and 6.0 rebounds per game a season ago. Overall, Weber State averaged 79.8 points per game, shooting 48.6 percent (908-of-1,867) from the floor, 41.7 percent (312-of-749) from behind the 3-point line and 74.1 percent (584-of-788) at the free throw line.
Defensively, Weber State opponents averaging 73.7 points per game, shooting 45.2 percent (937-of-2,074) from the floor, 35.4 percent (197-of-556) from behind the 3-point line and 73.9 percent (434-of-587) at the free throw line.
Head coach Randy Rahe, a former USU assistant, is in his 12th season at the helm at Weber State, leading the Wildcats to five conference titles and nine postseason appearances.
Coach Duryea vs the Beehive State
Utah State is a combined 99-17 against teams from the state of Utah since now head coach Tim Duryea has been a member of the coaching staff. Since the 2001-02 season, USU is 7-9 against BYU, 6-0 against Southern Utah, 6-4 against Utah, 12-0 against Utah Valley and 14-4 against Weber State.
Utah State Loses 65-59 at...
OGDEN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball (0-1) lost 65-59 to Weber State (1-0) Friday night at...11/10/2017
Utah State Opens the 2017-1...11/06/2017
Utah State Men’s...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea has announced the additions...11/09/2017
Utah State Men’s...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball played under the lights of the Dee Glen Smith...11/03/2017
Utah State Hosts the...11/01/2017
USU Basketball Announces...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball head coach Tim Duryea will take part in 12...11/03/2017
USU Basketball Adds Another...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball has added another national television game to its...10/25/2017
USU Basketball Provides...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State junior DeAngelo Isby led six Aggies in double figures as USU hosted a...10/21/2017
Official Aggie Gear