Live Stats | Listen Live | Buy Tickets | Game Notes
• Utah State and BYU have met 232 times in school history, the longest series for the Aggies. BYU leads the all-time series 140-92 and has won each of the last four games.
• Utah State is 0-2 against BYU at Vivint Smart Home Arena, losing to the Cougars 85-74 during the 2013-14 season and 68-63 during the 2008-09 season.
• Utah State is 3-3 all-time at Vivint Smart Home Arena with victories over Southern Utah (76-63) during the 1994-95 season, Wyoming (73-72) during the 1996-97 season and San Diego State (64-61) during the 1997-98 season.
Things Of Note
• Senior wing Jalen Moore will be playing his 100th game in an Aggie uniform against BYU, tying for No. 24 all-time in school history.
• Moore needs five more points to move into a tie for No. 24 on Utah State’s all-time scoring list, matching Jay Goodman (1991-93) with 1,215 career points.
• Moore is also climbing the record books for career blocks, totaling 57 in his career. Moore needs four more blocks to move into a tie for No. 11 with Jarred Shaw (2012-14), who recorded 61 during his career.
• Moore has scored in double figures in each of Utah State’s five games this season and has scored in double figures in 18 consecutive games, and 30 of the last 31.
• Utah State lost back-to-back games two times under head coach Tim Duryea last season, but bounced back with a four-game and a two-game winning streak following the setbacks.
Looking at Utah State
Utah State men’s basketball lost each of its games at the Cancun Challenge last week, losing 85-64 to Purdue and 75-51 to Texas Tech. The losses were the first for the Aggies this season after opening the year with three straight victories.
Utah State is averaging 73.0 points per game and is shooting 48.9 percent (133-of-272) from the floor, 36.7 percent (40-of-109) from behind the 3-point line and 65.6 percent (59-of-90) from the free throw line. Senior wing Jalen Moore leads USU in scoring, averaging 18.2 points per game, and is second on the team with 4.8 rebounds per game. Freshman guard Koby McEwen and senior guard Shane Rector also average double figures, scoring 11.0 and 10.2 points per game, respectively. Redshirt sophomore wing Alexis Dargenton leads the Aggies on the glass, averaging 5.0 rebounds per contest.
Defensively, opponents have averaged 70.2 points per game against the Aggies, averaging 41.2 percent (120-of-291) from the floor, 35.4 percent (46-of130) from behind the 3-point line and 68.4 percent (65-of-95) from the free throw line. Rector leads the Aggies with nine steals and Dargenton leads the team with six blocks.
Head coach Tim Duryea is in his second year at the helm, having served as an assistant the previous 14 seasons, and has compiled an overall mark of 19-17 during his tenure.
BYU is 4-2 on the year and has started much like Utah State, winning the first four before losing each of its last two, a 92-89 defeat to Valparaiso and a 114-101 loss to Utah Valley.
BYU is averaging 90.2 points per game and is shooting 47.1 percent (187-of-397) from the floor, 32.0 percent (39-of-122) from behind the 3-point line and 77.1 percent (128-of-166) from the free throw line. The Cougars have four players averaging double figures, including sophomore forward Eric Mika (19.7 ppg), sophomore guard Nick Emery (17.7 ppg), freshman guard TJ Haws (11.5 ppg) and senior forward Kyle Davis (10.2 ppg). Mika also leads BYU on the glass, averaging 8.7 rebounds per game.
Defensively, opponents have averaged 77.5 points per game and shot 37.7 percent (162-of-430) from the floor, 31.0 percent (54-of-174) from behind the 3-point line and 64.4 percent (87-of-135) from the free throw line. Mika leads the Cougars with 12 blocks and Emery leads the team with 10 steals.
Head coach Dave Rose is in his 12th season and has compiled an overall mark of 287-101 over that span, including a 7-3 record against Utah State.
Series History against BYU
Wednesday’s meeting will be the 233rd contest between the two schools, the longest-running series for Utah State in school history. BYU holds the all-time lead, 140-92, and has won each of the last four.
Utah State Against In-State Opponents
Utah State is 46-16 against in-state opponents since 2000, posting an overall mark of 15-3 against Weber State, 11-0 against Utah Valley, 6-0 against Southern Utah and a 7-4 mark against Utah. The Aggies only trail BYU, 9-7, since the turn of the millennium.
Utah State Set to Begin MW ...03/06/2017
Jalen Moore Has...
LOGAN, Utah – When Jalen Moore first came to Utah State, he didn’t know how good he...03/06/2017
Senior Guard Connor Garner ...
LOGAN, Utah – It was a moment that most kids dream of. The home crowd was chanting his name...03/06/2017
Koby McEwen Unanimous...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State freshman guard Koby McEwen was a unanimous selection for the...03/05/2017
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/05/2017
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men’s basketball (13-16, 7-11 Mountain West) lost 66-59 to...03/02/2017
Utah State Punctuates...02/27/2017
Utah State Earns 89-58...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball (13-15, 7-10 Mountain West) won 89-58 against Air...02/25/2017
Official Aggie Gear