Live Stats | Watch Live | Listen Live | Buy Tickets | Game Notes
• Utah State will face Indiana State for just the second time in school history on Saturday night, hosting the Sycamores as part of the Mountain West/Missouri Valley Challenge.
• Utah State is 1-0 against Indiana State, posting a 97-96 overtime victory over the Sycamores during the 1972-73 season.
• Utah State is 1-0 all-time in the Mountain West/Missouri Valley Challenge, posting a 69-68 victory at Missouri State last season.
• The game is one of nine Mountain West/Missouri Valley Challenge games on Dec. 3. Other games include Wichita State at Colorado State, Northern Iowa at Wyoming, Nevada at Bradley, Missouri State at Air Force, New Mexico at Illinois State, San Diego State at Loyola, Boise State at Evansville and Fresno State at Drake.
Things Of Note
• The last time Utah State faced Indiana State, Jalen Moore’s father, Jimmy Moore, was one of the leading scorers, turning in 18 points and six rebounds. Moore shot 7-of-11 from the floor and 4-of-4 from the free throw line.
• Senior wing Jalen Moore needs 11 more points to move into No. 23 all-time, tying Max Perry (1959-61) with 1,236 and 13 more points to move into a tie for No. 22, matching Jim Boatwright (1972-74) with 1,238.
• Moore has scored in double figures in 19 consecutive games and has led the Aggies in scoring in all but one game this season.
• Utah State is 5-2 all-time in December under head coach Tim Duryea, winning each of its last four games during the month.
Scouting Indiana State
Indiana State is 3-4 on the year and snapped a three-game losing streak with a 63-52 victory over Northern Illinois in its last outing.
The Sycamores are averaging 75.3 points per game, while shooting 44.7 percent (191-of-427) from the floor, 34.5 percent (57-of-165) from behind the 3-point line and 66.7 percent (88-of-132) from the free throw line. Individually, ISU is led by junior guard Brenton Scott with 19.3 points per game. Scott is the only player on the roster that is averaging in double figures this season. Senior guard Everett Clemons leads the Sycamores in rebounding, assists and steals, averaging 6.1, 5.6 and 2.3 per game, respectively.
Defensively, teams have averaged 68.4 points per game against Indiana State this season, shooting 38.2 percent (164-of-429) from the floor, 29.8 percent (37-of-124) from behind the 3-point line and 66.3 percent (114-of-172) from the free throw line. Senior center TJ Bell leads ISU with nine blocks this season, averaging 1.3 per contest.
Head coach Greg Lansing is in his seventh season, compiling an overall mark of 112-92 during his tenure. Overall, Lansing has been with the Sycamores for 10 seasons after serving as the associate head coach for three years before his promotion.
Series History against Indiana State
Utah State is 1-0 against Indiana State, facing the Sycamores during the 1972-73 season and posting a 97-96 overtime victory.
Utah State Against the Hoosier State
Utah State is 6-7 all-time against schools from the state of Indiana, and is facing its second Hoosier institution after taking on Purdue in the Cancun Challenge on Nov. 22.
Utah State Against the Missouri Valley Conference
Utah State is 18-13 all-time against teams from the Missouri Valley Conference. Utah State has had the most success against Wichita State with six wins, while USU is undefeated against Evansville (2-0) and Indiana State (1-0).
Last Time Against Indiana State
Utah State posted a 97-96 overtime victory over Indiana State in the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum on Nov. 25, 1972. Five Aggies scoring in double figures, paced by Jim Boatwright with 20 points on 10-of-12 shooting from the field. He was followed by Jimmy Moore with 18 points, Bob Lauriski with 17, Rich Haws with 16 and Ken Thompson with 10. Lafayette Love led the Aggies on the glass with 12 rebounds. Utah State overcame 29 turnovers by outrebounding the Sycamores 58 to 35 and shot 50.6 percent (41-of-81) to Indiana State’s 52.0 percent (42-of-81).
Last Time in the Mountain West/Missouri Valley Challenge
Utah State junior guard Shane Rector knocked down a pair of free throws with three seconds left to lift the Aggies to a 69-68 victory at Missouri State (1-5) on Dec. 1, 2015. The finish was the second time during the 2015-16 season that free throws from Rector in the waning seconds spelled victory for the Aggies. Rector is a perfect 4-for-4 from the charity stripe with less than a minute on the clock this season. Rector’s first attempt at the game winner was blocked by Missouri State’s Obediah Church with 11 seconds left, one of four blocks for Church on the night. Church had one of his best performances of the year with 14 points, shooting 7-of-8 from the floor and adding six rebounds, two assists and two steals. Following the swat, the Aggies inbounded the ball and Rector drove hard to the basket, drawing the foul sending him to the charity stripe. The Miami-Dade College product also punctuated Utah State’s season-opening victory at Weber State with a pair of free throws with 15 seconds to play and was perfect a second time, knocking down both against the Bears for the win. Rector was one of three Aggies in double figures, led by junior wing Jalen Moore with a season-high 20 and followed by Rector and senior guard Darius Perkins with 12 points apiece. Rector added to his line with a career-high six assists, leading both teams. Redshirt junior forward Lew Evans led the Aggies on the glass, collecting 11, as USU trailed the Bears overall in rebounds, 33-31.
Utah State Set to Begin MW ...03/06/2017
Jalen Moore Has...
LOGAN, Utah – When Jalen Moore first came to Utah State, he didn’t know how good he...03/06/2017
Senior Guard Connor Garner ...
LOGAN, Utah – It was a moment that most kids dream of. The home crowd was chanting his name...03/06/2017
Koby McEwen Unanimous...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State freshman guard Koby McEwen was a unanimous selection for the...03/05/2017
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/05/2017
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men’s basketball (13-16, 7-11 Mountain West) lost 66-59 to...03/02/2017
Utah State Punctuates...02/27/2017
Utah State Earns 89-58...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball (13-15, 7-10 Mountain West) won 89-58 against Air...02/25/2017
Official Aggie Gear