• Utah State and BYU have met 233 times in school history, the longest series for the Aggies. BYU leads the all-time series 141-92 and has won each of the last five games. USU leads the all-time series at home 60-53, posting a string of six straight victories within the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum from 2001-2011.
• Utah State posted a 40-24 victory over BYU in football this year, hosting the Cougars on Sept. 29. The Aggies last beat BYU in both football and basketball in the same year in 1982, posting a 20-17 victory on the gridiron, and a 79-74 victory on the hardwood.
• Utah State has hit a year’s worth of 3-point shots, knocking down a 3-point shot in 365 straight games, dating back to the 2006 season. The Aggies’ last opponent that kept the team without a trey, was BYU on Dec. 16, 2006.
• Utah State’s magic number this season is 70, as the Aggies are 4-1 on the year when scoring 70 or more. Conversely, USU is 1-3 on the year when opponents score 70 or more in a game.
• Utah State’s success has also hinged on strong guard play as the Aggies have secured every victory when the back court outscores its counterparts.
• Utah State has posted each of its victories this season when outrebounding the opponent.
BYU is 5-2 on the season and has won three of its last four games, including an 85-58 victory over Utah Valley on Wednesday.
The Cougars are averaging 76.9 points per game and shooting 46.4 percent (181-of-390) from the floor, 35.9 percent (51-of-142) from behind the 3-point line and 75.8 percent (125-of-165) at the free throw line. Individually, BYU is paced by a trio of double-digit scorers in Yoeli Childs with 16.9 points per game, followed by Elijah Bryant with 16.7 and TJ Haws with 10.6 points per game. Haws is also tops for the Cougars with 33 assists.
Defensively, opponents have averaged 69.9 points per game, shooting 44.6 percent (177-of-297) from the floor, 38.0 percent (46-of-121) from behind the 3-point line and 71.2 percent (89-of-125) at the free throw line. Childs leads BYU with 20 blocks and Bryant leads the team with 11 steals. Childs also leads the Cougars on the glass, averaging 9.1 rebounds per game.
Head coach Dave Rose is in his 13th year at the helm in Provo, guiding the Cougars to an overall mark of 310-113 over that span.
Eric Peterson Named...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State head men’s basketball coach Craig Smith has named Eric...04/20/2018
Tauriawn Knight Set to Join...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State head men’s basketball coach Craig Smith announced the...04/17/2018
Transcript - Introductory...03/27/2018
Craig Smith Named Utah...
Utah State University Vice President and Director of Athletics John Hartwell announced Monday...03/26/2018
Koby McEwen Named Second-Te...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named second-team all-distric...03/13/2018
Tim Duryea Relieved of His ...
Utah State University Vice President and Director of Athletics John Hartwell announced today (Mar...03/11/2018
Utah State Loses 83-68 to...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men's basketball lost, 83-68, to New Mexico on Friday night in its...03/10/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - For the first time since joining the Mountain West Conference, Utah State men's...03/08/2018
Official Aggie Gear