Watch Live | Listen Live | Live Stats | Buy Tickets | Game Notes
• Utah State will face its third first-time opponent of the season on Tuesday night, when the Aggies host Great Falls in the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum at 7 p.m.
• The game can be heard live on KVNU (AM 610) or online at 610kvnu.com. Fans can also watch the game via a free online video stream at www.utahstateaggies.com/videos.
• Utah State is 1-1 against first-time opponents this season and 223-110 overall when facing an opponent for the first time.
• Utah State is 554-132 (.811) all-time in the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum, recording a winning record at home for 34 consecutive seasons.
• Utah State has never lost a regular season game against a non-Division I opponent, carrying an overall mark of 23-0 against NAIA schools since 1973.
Things Of Note
• Senior wing Jalen Moore needs 17 more points to move into No. 21 on the all-time scoring list at Utah State, tying Rich Haws (1973-75) with 1,255 points.
• Moore has scored in double figures in 20 consecutive games and has led the Aggies in scoring in all but one game this season.
• Utah State has had strong first halves during head coach Tim Duryea’s tenure, outscoring opponents 1,384 to 1,252 and averaging 36.4 points to 32.9 points over the course of the opening 20 minutes.
• Utah State last started a season 3-4 during the 2014-15 season, but ended the year with an overall mark of 18-13, including wins in six of its final eight games of the regular season.
Looking at Utah State
Utah State men’s basketball is on a four-game losing streak after opening the year with three straight victories. The Aggies have lost 85-64 to Purdue, 75-51 to Texas Tech, 77-63 to BYU and 62-61 to Indiana State over their last four games.
Utah State is averaging 69.9 points per game and is shooting 45.9 percent (181-of-394) from the floor, 33.6 percent (50-of-149) from behind the 3-point line and 64.2 percent (77-of-120) from the free throw line. Senior wing Jalen Moore leads USU in scoring and rebounding, averaging 17.0 points per game and 4.9 rebounds per game. Freshman guard Koby McEwen and senior guard Shane Rector also average in double figures, scoring 11.1 and 10.9 points per game, respectively.
Defensively, opponents have averaged 70.0 points per game against the Aggies, averaging 39.7 percent (168-of-423) from the floor, 34.1 percent (61-of-179) from behind the 3-point line and 71.0 percent (93-of-131) from the free throw line. Rector leads the Aggies with 13 steals and redshirt sophomore forward Alexis Dargenton leads the team with six blocks.
Head coach Tim Duryea is in his second year at the helm, having served as an assistant the previous 14 seasons, and has compiled an overall mark of 19-19 during his tenure.
Scouting Great Falls
Great Falls, an NAIA school in Great Falls, Mont., and a member of the Frontier Conference, is 7-2 on the year and will be playing three NCAA Division I schools this week, in Utah State (12/6), Eastern Washington (12/8) and Seattle (12/10).
The Argos are averaging 82.4 points per game and shooting 44.8 percent (278-of-640) from the floor, 36.2 percent (80-of-221) from the floor and 64.2 percent (106-of-165) from the free throw line. Individually, Great Falls is paced by four double-digit scorers in redshirt junior guard Matthew Brooks-McGregor (12.5 ppg), junior guard Sergio Berkley (12.0 ppg), junior guard Davone Oliver Jr. (11.9 ppg) and senior forward Issac Howard (10.4 ppg). Sophomore guard Jarred Burr leads the team in assists, totaling 26 on the year and averaging 3.3 per game.
Defensively, teams have averaged 70.2 points against the Argos, shooting 42.9 percent (228-of-532) from the floor, 37.2 percent (71-of-191) from behind the 3-point line and 68.2 percent (105-of-154) from the free throw line. Brooks-McGregor leads Great Falls with 12 steals and senior center Andrej Slavik leads the team with nine blocks.
Head coach Anthony Owens is in his second year and has led the Argos to a 24-14 overall mark during his tenure.
Series History against Great Falls
The meeting between Utah State and Great Falls on Tuesday night will be the first for the Aggies in school history.
Utah State Against the Treasure State
Utah State is 114-54 all-time against schools from the state of Montana, posting the most victories over Montana State (76-40), representing the third longest series in USU history.
Utah State Against Non-Division I Opponents
Utah State has never lost a regular season game against a non-Division I opponent and has a perfect 23-0 record against NAIA schools since 1973.
Utah State will travel to Utah Valley on Saturday, Dec. 10, and face the Wolverines at 4 p.m. (MT). The game can be heard live on KVNU with Al Lewis providing play-by-play and Rod Tueller providing color. Fans can also watch the game online at www.wacsports.com/watch.
McEwen Leads Utah State to ...
LOGAN, Utah – Sophomore guard Koby McEwen scored a game-high 20 points, to go along with...11/13/2017
Utah State Welcomes Montana...11/12/2017
Utah State Loses 65-59 at...
OGDEN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball (0-1) lost 65-59 to Weber State (1-0) Friday night at...11/10/2017
Utah State Opens the 2017-1...11/06/2017
Utah State Men’s...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea has announced the additions...11/09/2017
Utah State Men’s...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball played under the lights of the Dee Glen Smith...11/03/2017
Utah State Hosts the...11/01/2017
USU Basketball Announces...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball head coach Tim Duryea will take part in 12...11/03/2017
Official Aggie Gear