Live Stats | Listen Live | Watch Live | Game Notes
Utah State will travel to Utah Valley on Saturday, Dec. 10, and face the Wolverines at 4 p.m. (MT). The game can be heard live on KVNU with Al Lewis providing play-by-play and Rod Tueller providing color. Fans can also watch the game online at www.wacsports.com/watch.
Things Of Note
• Utah State is 11-0 all-time against Utah Valley, including a 5-0 mark in Orem.
• Utah State is 46-17 against in-state opponents since 2000, posting an overall mark of 15-3 against Weber State, 11-0 against Utah Valley, 6-0 against Southern Utah and a 7-4 mark against Utah.
• Senior wing Jalen Moore needs four more points to move into No. 21 on the all-time scoring list, tying Rich Haws (1973-75) with 1,255 points and 15 points to move to No. 20, tying Bab Lauriski (1971-93) with 1, 266.
• Moore has scored in double figures in 21 consecutive games and has led the Aggies in scoring in all but two games this season.
• Utah State has had strong first halves under head coach Tim Duryea, outscoring opponents 1,426 to 1,273 and averaging 36.6 points to 32.6 points over the course of the opening 20 minutes. USU has led at the half in six of its eight games this season.
• Utah State has held each of its last three opponents to less than 38 percent shooting, limiting BYU to 35.2 percent, Indiana State to 37.7 percent and Great Falls to 31.1 percent.
• Utah State has recorded all of its wins this season when the USU frontline outscores the opponent’s frontline.
Scouting Utah Valley
Utah Valley is 5-3 on the year with wins over Idaho State (82-73), Benedictine (86-52), Denver (88-85), BYU (114-101) and UTSA (75-71). The Wolverines have lost all three games on the road, falling at Gonzaga (92-69), at Washington State (83-76) and at Utah (87-80).
UVU is averaging 83.8 points per game and shooting 43.8 percent (229-of-523) from the floor, 35.9 percent (82-of-234) from behind the 3-point line and 69.2 percent (128-of-185) from the free throw line. Individually, Utah Valley is paced in scoring and rebounding by redshirt junior forward Isaac Neilson with 14.4 points and 10.3 rebounds per game. Neilson is joined in double figures by sophomore guard Conner Toolson with 14.1 points per game and redshirt junior guard Kenneth Ogbe with 14.0 points per game. All three are transfers, coming from BYU, Salt Lake Community College and Utah, respectively.
Defensively, opponents are averaging 80.5 points per game and shooting 45.8 percent (242-of-528) from the floor, 33.1 percent (54-of-163) from behind the 3-point line and 66.7 percent (106-of-159) from the free throw line. Toolson leads the Wolverines with 15 steals and Neilson leads the team with 13 blocks.
Head coach Mark Pope is in his second year, compiling an overall mark of 17-21 over that span, including an 0-1 mark against Utah State.
Series History against Utah Valley
Utah State and Utah Valley have faced off 11 times with the Aggies carrying a perfect 11-0 mark against the Wolverines, including a 5-0 record in Orem.
Utah State Against In-State Opponents
Utah State is 46-17 against in-state opponents since 2000, posting an overall mark of 15-3 against Weber State, 11-0 against Utah Valley, 6-0 against Southern Utah and a 7-4 mark against Utah. The Aggies only trail BYU, 10-7, since the turn of the millennium.
Utah State Against the Western Athletic Conference
Utah State is 73-44 against foes from the Western Athletic Conference, a league the Aggies called home for eight seasons. Of the current membership, USU has faced New Mexico State the most, carrying an overall mark of 36-30 against the Aggies.
Utah State will host New Orleans on Monday, Dec. 19, at 7 p.m. The game can be heard live on KVNU with Al Lewis providing play-by-play and Rod Tueller providing color. Fans can also watch the game online at www.utahstateaggies.com/videos.
Utah State Set to Begin MW ...03/06/2017
Jalen Moore Has...
LOGAN, Utah – When Jalen Moore first came to Utah State, he didn’t know how good he...03/06/2017
Senior Guard Connor Garner ...
LOGAN, Utah – It was a moment that most kids dream of. The home crowd was chanting his name...03/06/2017
Koby McEwen Unanimous...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State freshman guard Koby McEwen was a unanimous selection for the...03/05/2017
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/05/2017
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men’s basketball (13-16, 7-11 Mountain West) lost 66-59 to...03/02/2017
Utah State Punctuates...02/27/2017
Utah State Earns 89-58...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball (13-15, 7-10 Mountain West) won 89-58 against Air...02/25/2017
Official Aggie Gear