• Utah State (6-6) will host Youngstown State (2-9) on Wednesday, Dec. 20, at 7 p.m. Fans can listen to the game on the Aggie Sports Network or watch the game via the Mountain West Network, online at utahstateaggies.com/watch.
• Utah State has never faced Youngstown State, but is 3-1 all-time against members of the Horizon League, posting victories over Oakland and UW Milwaukee and a 1-1 mark against Detroit.
• Utah State is 566-137 all-time inside the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum, including a 4-1 mark this season, and has had a winning record at home each of the past 35 seasons.
• Utah State has shot better than 75 percent at the free throw line over the last three games, shooting 78.0 percent (39-of-50) over the three-game stretch after shooting a season-low 43.5 percent (10-of-23) against BYU on Dec. 2.
• Utah State has had balanced production from both its bench and starters over the past two games, as the USU bench scored a combined 57 points against Utah on Dec. 9, while the Aggie starters combined to score 70 against Life Pacific on Dec. 16.
• The scoring has also been balanced among individual players as the Aggies have had four different players score 20 or more points in each of the last two games. Junior guard DeAngelo Isby and junior forward Quinn Taylor scored 24 and 22, respectively, against Utah, while junior forward Dwayne Brown Jr., and sophomore guard Koby McEwen scored 24 and 20, respectively, against Life Pacific.
• Utah State rebounded the ball by committee in the game against Life Pacific as five players all pulled down five or more rebounds apiece during the game.
• The game against Life Pacific also featured some of the best offensive distribution during the year for the Aggies as every player that played in the game tallied at least one assist, leading to a season-high 23 helpers during the game.
Scouting Youngstown State
Youngstown State will enter the game on Wednesday night with an overall mark of 2-9 and having lost each of its last seven games.
The Penguins are averaging 77.0 points per game and shooting 43.3 percent (321-of-742) from the floor, 30.5 percent (73-of-239) from behind the 3-point line and 58.4 percent (132-of-226) at the free throw line. Individually, sophomore guard Braun Hartfield leads the team with 14.9 points per game and is followed by senior guard Cameron Morse with 13.1 points per game and a team-best 3.5 assists per game.
Defensively, YSU opponents have averaged 84.3 points per game and are shooting 52.3 percent (340-of-650) from the floor, 39.9 percent (83-of-208) from behind the 3-point line and 65.9 percent (164-of-249) at the free throw line. Junior forward Tyree Robinson leads the team with 10 blocks and Hartfield leads the team with 18 steals.
Head coach Jerrod Calhoun is in his first season at Youngstown State, joining the Penguins following a five-year stint at Division-II Fairmont State.
League of Shadows
Utah State has had 10 different players lead the team in steals during a game throughout the season.
With its 96-62 victory over Life Pacific, Utah State has now surpassed 90 points five times under head coach Tim Duryea. The Aggies are a perfect 5-0 in those games.
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea has announced that redshirt...01/16/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...01/15/2018
Utah State Loses 83-57 to...
RENO, Nevada - Utah State men's basketball (10-9, 3-3 Mountain West) lost 83-57 to Nevada (16-3, ...01/13/2018
Utah State at League-Leadin...01/11/2018
Utah State Loses 84-75 to...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball saw a five-game home winning streak snapped on...01/10/2018
Utah State Hosting Colorado...01/08/2018
Koby McEwen Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named the Mountain West Player of...01/08/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...01/08/2018
Official Aggie Gear