• The game can be heard live on KVNU with Al Lewis providing play-by-play and Rod Tueller providing color. Fans can also watch the game on ROOT Sports (Comcast Ch. 52/693HD, Dish Network Ch. 414, DirecTV Ch. 683/687) with Drew Goodman providing play-by-play and Joe Cravens serving as the analyst.
• Utah State has won 25 of its last 26 conference home openers, dating back to the 1988-89 season.
Things Of Note
• Senior wing Jalen Moore has scored in double figures in 24 consecutive games and needs seven more games in double figures to tie the ninth-longest streak of double-digit outings.
• Moore has scored in double figures in each of the last four games against Boise State.
• Freshman guard Koby McEwen leads all freshmen in the Mountain West with 30.2 minutes per game.
• The team that has led at the half has won eight of the last 10 games in the Utah State/Boise State series.
• The team that has recorded more points in the paint has won eight of the last 10 games as well.
• Utah State has recorded more assists than the Broncos in each of the last 10 games.
• Utah State has had at least three players score in double figures in the same game in eight of the last 10 games of the series.
Scouting Boise State
Boise State is 7-4 on the year and winners of four of its last five games.
The Broncos are averaging 74.1 points per game and shooting 46.0 percent (278-of-605) from the floor, 33.5 percent (81-of-242) from behind the 3-point line and 70.1 percent (178-of-254) from the free throw line. Junior guard Chandler Hutchison leads BSU in scoring, averaging 17.5 points per game, and also paces the team on the glass, averaging 8.5 rebounds per game. He is followed in scoring by sophomore guard Paris Austin with 10.8 points per game and senior forward Nick Duncan with 10.2 points per game.
Defensively, opponents are scoring 64.9 points per game against the Broncos and shooting 42.1 percent (254-of-603) from the floor, 28.8 percent (47-of-163) from behind the 3-point line and 68.5 percent (159-of-232) from the free throw line. Hutchison leads the Broncos with 15 steals and redshirt sophomore forward Zach Haney leads the team with five blocks.
Head coach Leon Rice is in his seventh season, guiding the Broncos to a 109-66 record, including a 4-5 record against the Aggies, during his tenure.
Series History against Boise State
Utah State leads the all-time series against Boise State 30-12, including a record of 18-2 inside the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum. However, Boise State has won each of the last three, including back-to-back wins in Logan.
Last Time Against Boise State
BOISE, Idaho - Utah State men’s basketball carried a lead for more than 37 minutes on Feb. 2, 2016, at Boise State, but a late 3-point shot and sealing free throws by the Broncos led to a 70-67 defeat for the Aggies in Boise.
Utah State appeared to have won the game on paper, outshooting the Broncos 50.0 percent (25-of-50) to 43.5 percent (27-of-62) from the floor. The Aggies were even better from behind the 3-point line, shooting 54.5 percent (12-of-22) to the Broncos’ 21.7 percent (5-of-23). Utah State’s defense also created a season-high 17 turnovers, highlighted by a career-high three steals by senior guard Chris Smith.
However, Boise State made up for its lack of shooting with a strong showing on the offensive glass, collecting 17 offensive rebounds and turning it into 18 second-chance points. The Aggies collected two offensive rebounds during the night and were outrebounded 39-22, in what proved to be the difference.
Last Time Against Boise State at Home
LOGAN, Utah - For the second time in as many home games, Utah State’s men’s basketball team struggled in the second half and Boise State took advantage in a 76-61 victory over the Aggies on Jan. 5, 2016, at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
The Broncos (11-4, 2-0 Mountain West) shot 59.6 percent from the field (28-of-47) and outscored Utah State 45-32 after halftime to pull away. Junior wing Jalen Moore scored in double figures for the ninth consecutive game for the Aggies as he led all scorers in the game with 18 points on 8-of-19 shooting from the field. However, he was the lone Utah State player to reach double-digits.
Utah State (9-5, 1-2), which lost back-to-back home games for the first time since the 2013-14 season, shot 43.9 percent from the field (25-of-57), including 27.3 percent from 3-point range (6-of-22). The Aggies struggled at the charity stripe, making just 5-of-13 free throw attempts (38.5 percent).
Utah State Back in Action...11/14/2017
McEwen Leads Utah State to ...
LOGAN, Utah – Sophomore guard Koby McEwen scored a game-high 20 points, to go along with...11/13/2017
Utah State Welcomes Montana...11/12/2017
Utah State Loses 65-59 at...
OGDEN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball (0-1) lost 65-59 to Weber State (1-0) Friday night at...11/10/2017
Utah State Opens the 2017-1...11/06/2017
Utah State Men’s...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea has announced the additions...11/09/2017
Utah State Men’s...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball played under the lights of the Dee Glen Smith...11/03/2017
Utah State Hosts the...11/01/2017
Official Aggie Gear