• The game can be heard live on KVNU with Al Lewis providing play-by-play. Fans can also watch the game on ROOT Sports (Comcast Ch. 52/693HD, Dish Network Ch. 414, DirecTV Ch. 683/687) with Drew Goodman providing play-by-play and Marty Fletcher serving as the analyst.
• Utah State is 2-1 in conference road openers since joining the Mountain West. The Aggies are 10-6 in conference road openers since the year 2000.
Things Of Note
• Senior wing Jalen Moore has scored in double figures in 25 consecutive games and needs six more games in double figures to tie the ninth-longest streak of double-digit outings in school history.
• Moore has scored in double figures in every game against the Falcons in his career, including back-to-back 20-plus outings last season. Moore recorded a team-high 23 points at Air Force last season and a team-high 20 points against the Falcons in Logan.
• Junior guard Julion Pearre has scored in double figures in each of the last three games against Air Force, including a career-high 21 points on Feb. 28, 2015.
• Freshman guard Koby McEwen leads all freshmen in the Mountain West with 13.2 points and 30.2 minutes per game.
• Senior guard Shane Rector has recorded at least one steal in each of the last six games.
• Utah State head coach Tim Duryea has never lost to a trio of teams in the Mountain West since taking over in Logan. Duryea is a perfect 2-0 against Air Force, San José State and Colorado State.
Scouting Air Force
Air Force is 7-7 and 0-1 in the Mountain West. The Falcons have lost four of their last five, including an 84-72 defeat at Wyoming in the Mountain West opener for both schools on Wednesday night.
AFA is paced offensively by four players scoring in double figures, including Hayden Graham with a team-best 11.6 points per game. He is followed closely by Jacob Van with 11.5 points per game, and Frank Toohey and Zach Kocur each averaging 11.2 points per game. As a team, the Falcons are averaging 78.2 points per game and shooting 45.0 percent (364-of-808) from the floor, 41.0 percent (125-of-305) from behind the 3-point line and 74.0 percent (242-of-327) at the free throw line.
Defensively, teams are averaging 72.8 points per game against the Falcons and shooting 45.0 percent (364-of-809) from the floor, 34.1 percent (124-of-364) from behind the 3-point line and 66.3 percent (167-of-252) at the free throw line. Graham leads the team on the glass with 5.2 rebounds per game and is also tops on the team with seven blocks. Trevor Lyons leads Air Force with 19 steals on the year.
Head coach Dave Pilipovich is in his fifth season at Air Force, compiling an overall mark of 67-80 over that span.
Series History against Air Force
Utah State leads the all-time series against Air Force, 14-3, and has won each of the last four. The only losses to the Falcons have come on the road, falling 66-65 during the 1962-63 season, 76-72 during the 1970-71 season and 73-72 during the 2013-14 season.
Last Time Against Air Force
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Utah State picked up its fourth straight victory over the Air Force Academy, posting a 78-65 win at Clune Arena on March 1, 2016. The Aggies hit a season-high 14 3-point shots, shooting 41.7 percent (14-of-34) from behind the arc en route to the win.
Senior guard Chris Smith led the way from deep, finishing with 23 points and shooting 9-of-14 from the floor, including a season-best 5-of-7 from behind the 3-point line. Junior wing Jalen Moore matched the scoring performance with a career-high 23 as well, moving to No. 31 on the all-time scoring list in USU history with 1,064 career points. The 20-point tandem was the first since Dec. 2, 2014, when Smith (25) and Darius Perkins (21) each surpassed the 20-point mark in the same game against BYU.
Sophomore guard Julion Pearre rounded out the double-digit scorers for the Aggies, tallying 10 and marking the third consecutive game that he has recorded double figures against the Falcons.
Last Time Against Air Force in a MW Road Opener
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Utah State’s men’s basketball Mountain West Conference debut was spoiled by Air Force on Jan. 1, 2014, as the Falcons nipped the Aggies, 73-72, at USAFA’s Clune Arena.
Senior guard Preston Medlin led four Aggie players in double-digit scoring with 19 points, while senior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield posted 16 points and freshman forward Jalen Moore netted a season-high by matching his jersey number with 14 points, posting double-digits for the second time in three games. Sophomore forward Kyle Davis logged his second-straight double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds, and his fourth double-double of the season. It was the seventh double-figure scoring outing and fifth double-digit rebounding game this season, including the fourth in last five games.
USU shot 27-of-56 (48.2 percent) from the field, as well as 10-of-27 (37.0 percent) from three-point range, along with 8-of-11 (72.7 percent) at the free throw line. Air Force scorched the nets to the tune of 56.0 percent (14-of-25) from the field in the first half, finishing the night at 51.1 percent (24-of-47). The Falcons also were 6-of-16 (37.5 percent) behind the arc, along with more than doubling-up the Aggies’ free throw attempts, making 19-of-24 (79.2 percent), taking advantage of the 23 fouls called on USU while Air Force was whistled for 14 fouls.
Utah State Set to Begin MW ...03/06/2017
Jalen Moore Has...
LOGAN, Utah – When Jalen Moore first came to Utah State, he didn’t know how good he...03/06/2017
Senior Guard Connor Garner ...
LOGAN, Utah – It was a moment that most kids dream of. The home crowd was chanting his name...03/06/2017
Koby McEwen Unanimous...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State freshman guard Koby McEwen was a unanimous selection for the...03/05/2017
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/05/2017
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men’s basketball (13-16, 7-11 Mountain West) lost 66-59 to...03/02/2017
Utah State Punctuates...02/27/2017
Utah State Earns 89-58...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball (13-15, 7-10 Mountain West) won 89-58 against Air...02/25/2017
Official Aggie Gear