Aug. 30, 2012
LOGAN, Utah -
POST-GAME NOTES SOUTHERN UTAH vs. UTAH STATE August 30, 2012 (Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium)
* Utah State won its season opener for the first time since 1997 when it defeated Utah on the road, 21-14. USU's last home win to start a season was in 1996 when it defeated Utah, 20-17.
* Utah State improved to 3-0 all-time against Southern Utah and has now won 10 of its last 11 games against FCS schools, including six straight.
* Utah State has now won each of its last six regular season games, which is the eighth-longest active regular season winning streak in the nation.
* Utah State has now won each of its last three home games, which is its longest home winning streak since winning three-straight home games during the 2004-05 seasons. Overall, USU has improved to 11-7 at home under Coach Andersen, which includes a 6-1 non-conference record and a 4-0 mark against in-state opponents.
* Utah State improved to 76-17-6 all-time against current members of the Big Sky Conference, including a 4-0 record under Andersen.
* Utah State has now had a 100-yard rusher in each of its last three games dating back to the 2011 season, and the last time it did not have a player rush for 100-yards was against Nevada on 11/26/11... During the 2011 season, USU had a 100-yard rusher in nine of its 13 games.
* The three points allowed by Utah State are its fewest in the Coach Andersen era and the fewest allowed since USU defeated New Mexico State at home, 47-2, on Nov. 29, 2008.
* The Aggie defense's 209 yards allowed was the fewest since 156 by New Mexico State on Nov. 29, 2008 and Thursday's 209 yards were the fewest under Coach Andersen.
* Utah State's 581 yards of total offense is the 12th-most in school history and the most since it had 635 yards of total offense against Weber State in 2011.
* Utah State's 304 passing yards are its most since passing for 399 yards at Nevada in 2010.
* Junior C Tyler Larsen started his 26th consecutive game to extend the longest active streak on the team... Junior OT Eric Schultz started his 20th consecutive game... Senior OT Oscar Molina-Sanchez started his 14th consecutive game and 21st overall... Junior CB Nevin Lawson started his 14th-straight game and 16th overall... Senior FS McKade Brady started his 14th-straight game and 15th overall... Senior LB Bojay Filimoeatu started his 14th-straight game... Senior DE Al Lapuaho started for the 13th time in his career... Senior TE Kellen Bartlett started for the 12th time in his career.
* Utah State had five players making their first career start tonight in senior DL Havea Lasike; junior LB Zach Vigil; redshirt freshman LB Kyler Fackrell; sophomore S Frankie Sutera; and junior OT Kyle Whimpey.
* Sophomore RB Joe Hill's three rushing TDs are a career-high... It is also the most rushing TDs by an Aggie in a single-game since Robert Turbin had three rushing TDs at Idaho in 2011... Hill also had career-highs in rushes (11) and yards (116) for his first-career 100-yard rushing game.
* Sophomore QB Chuckie Keeton threw for a career-high 304 yards and had a career-high 22 completions... It is the first time USU has had a 300-yard passer since Diondre Borel threw for 399 yards at Nevada on 10/30/10.
* Senior WR Chuck Jacbos had a career-long 48-yard TD reception... He also tied his career-high with four receptions.
* Sophomore TE Keegan Andersen had a career-long 16-yard reception.
* Senior CB Terrence Alston recorded his first-career sack and had a career-high five tackles.
* Junior DE Connor Williams recorded his third-career sack.
* Redshirt freshman LB La'Bradford Harold had his first career interception.
Utah State’s Dominik ...
Utah State sophomore Dominik Eberle didn’t win the Lou Groza Award as the nation’s...12/08/2017
Utah State’s Jalen...
Utah State's Jalen Davis has been named a Walter Camp Football Foundation First Team All-American...12/07/2017
Utah State One of Seven...
Utah State has earned the 2017 American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) Academic Achievement ...12/07/2017
Aggies in the NFL - Week 13
Thirteen former Aggies are on active NFL rosters. See how they did in week 13.12/05/2017
Transcript: Utah State...
Utah State head football coach Matt Wells held a media teleconference Sunday night to discuss the...12/03/2017
Utah State Football Will...
Utah State football will face New Mexico State in the third-annual NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl...12/03/2017
Utah State Football Has Six...
Along with Jalen Davis and Dominik Eberle’s first-team honors, Utah State also had four...11/29/2017
Aggies in the NFL - Week 12
Thirteen former Aggies are on active NFL rosters. See how they did in week 12.11/27/2017
Official Aggie Gear