Aug. 30, 2012
LOGAN, Utah -
POST-GAME NOTES SOUTHERN UTAH vs. UTAH STATE August 30, 2012 (Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium)
* Utah State won its season opener for the first time since 1997 when it defeated Utah on the road, 21-14. USU's last home win to start a season was in 1996 when it defeated Utah, 20-17.
* Utah State improved to 3-0 all-time against Southern Utah and has now won 10 of its last 11 games against FCS schools, including six straight.
* Utah State has now won each of its last six regular season games, which is the eighth-longest active regular season winning streak in the nation.
* Utah State has now won each of its last three home games, which is its longest home winning streak since winning three-straight home games during the 2004-05 seasons. Overall, USU has improved to 11-7 at home under Coach Andersen, which includes a 6-1 non-conference record and a 4-0 mark against in-state opponents.
* Utah State improved to 76-17-6 all-time against current members of the Big Sky Conference, including a 4-0 record under Andersen.
* Utah State has now had a 100-yard rusher in each of its last three games dating back to the 2011 season, and the last time it did not have a player rush for 100-yards was against Nevada on 11/26/11... During the 2011 season, USU had a 100-yard rusher in nine of its 13 games.
* The three points allowed by Utah State are its fewest in the Coach Andersen era and the fewest allowed since USU defeated New Mexico State at home, 47-2, on Nov. 29, 2008.
* The Aggie defense's 209 yards allowed was the fewest since 156 by New Mexico State on Nov. 29, 2008 and Thursday's 209 yards were the fewest under Coach Andersen.
* Utah State's 581 yards of total offense is the 12th-most in school history and the most since it had 635 yards of total offense against Weber State in 2011.
* Utah State's 304 passing yards are its most since passing for 399 yards at Nevada in 2010.
* Junior C Tyler Larsen started his 26th consecutive game to extend the longest active streak on the team... Junior OT Eric Schultz started his 20th consecutive game... Senior OT Oscar Molina-Sanchez started his 14th consecutive game and 21st overall... Junior CB Nevin Lawson started his 14th-straight game and 16th overall... Senior FS McKade Brady started his 14th-straight game and 15th overall... Senior LB Bojay Filimoeatu started his 14th-straight game... Senior DE Al Lapuaho started for the 13th time in his career... Senior TE Kellen Bartlett started for the 12th time in his career.
* Utah State had five players making their first career start tonight in senior DL Havea Lasike; junior LB Zach Vigil; redshirt freshman LB Kyler Fackrell; sophomore S Frankie Sutera; and junior OT Kyle Whimpey.
* Sophomore RB Joe Hill's three rushing TDs are a career-high... It is also the most rushing TDs by an Aggie in a single-game since Robert Turbin had three rushing TDs at Idaho in 2011... Hill also had career-highs in rushes (11) and yards (116) for his first-career 100-yard rushing game.
* Sophomore QB Chuckie Keeton threw for a career-high 304 yards and had a career-high 22 completions... It is the first time USU has had a 300-yard passer since Diondre Borel threw for 399 yards at Nevada on 10/30/10.
* Senior WR Chuck Jacbos had a career-long 48-yard TD reception... He also tied his career-high with four receptions.
* Sophomore TE Keegan Andersen had a career-long 16-yard reception.
* Senior CB Terrence Alston recorded his first-career sack and had a career-high five tackles.
* Junior DE Connor Williams recorded his third-career sack.
* Redshirt freshman LB La'Bradford Harold had his first career interception.
Utah State Football...
Utah State football held its end of season banquet Wednesday night, honoring the 2015 team that...04/07/2016
Former Utah State Football ...
Utah State had 20 former football players work out in front of 21 National Football League (NFL) ...04/06/2016
As a quarterback at Utah State during the 1980s, Mike “Chico” Canales thoroughly...04/05/2016
Utah State Football to Host...
Utah State football will host Pro Day for outgoing Aggies on Wednesday, April 6 at the ICON...04/05/2016
Utah State Committed to...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State looked to establish its running game in the second scrimmage of the...04/01/2016
Utah State Football Will...
With just over a week left in spring drills, Utah State football will hold its final scrimmage...03/31/2016
Linebackers Coach David...
David Kotulski never imagined he would return to Utah State. But, the veteran coach did not want ...03/29/2016
Julius Brown is a proven winner. After all, the native of Stockton, Calif., has been part of five...03/22/2016
Official Aggie Gear