LOGAN, Utah -
POST-GAME NOTES UTAH vs. UTAH STATE September 7, 2012 (Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium)
* Utah State had its first sellout (25,513) since Oct. 4, 2002 against BYU (30,341).
* Utah State is 2-0 to start a season for the first time since 1997 when USU began that year with a 21-14 win at Utah and a 41-7 home win against Idaho State.
* Utah State snapped a 12-game losing streak to Utah, including six straight at home. The last time USU defeated Utah at home was in 1996 by a final score of 20-17.
* Utah State has now won each of its last seven regular season games, which is the sixth-longest active regular season winning streak in the nation.
* Utah State has now won each of its last four home games, which is its longest home winning streak since winning four-straight home games during the 1990 season. Overall, USU improved to 12-7 at home under Coach Andersen, which includes a 7-1 non-conference record and a 5-0 mark against in-state opponents.
* Utah State won its first game against a BCS school since Oct. 17, 1992 when it defeated Kansas State at home, 28-16.
* Utah's 20 points are the fewest in series history since defeating Utah State 20-12 in 1998. USU's 27 points against the Utes are its most since 1992 when it lost at Utah, 31-29.
* Junior C Tyler Larsen started his 27th consecutive game to extend the longest active streak on the team... Junior OT Eric Schultz started his 21st consecutive game... Junior CB Nevin Lawson started his 15th straight game and 17th overall... Senior FS McKade Brady started his 15th straight game and 16th overall... Senior LB Bojay Filimoeatu started his 15th straight game... Senior DE Al Lapuaho started for the 14th time in his career... Senior TE Kellen Bartlett started for the 13th time in his career.
* Senior OT Oscar Molina-Sanchez had started 14 consecutive games, including 21 overall, before missing tonight's game due to injury.
* Utah State had three players making their first career start tonight in sophomore OL Kevin Whimpey, sophomore RB Joe Hill and sophomore S Brian Suite.
* Sophomore QB Chuckie Keeton tied his career-highs with 22 completions and 32 attempts.
* Senior TE Kellen Bartlett had a career-high eight catches and recorded his first career TD.
* Senior LB Bojay Filimoeatu had a career-high 12 tackles.
* Redshirt freshman DE Jordan Nielsen had a career-high two sacks.
* Redshirt freshman LB Kyler Fackrell had a career-high 11 tackles.
* Junior LB Zach Vigil had a career-high 10 tackles.
*Junior LB Jake Doughty had a career-high nine tackles.
* Senior CB Will Davis had a career-high four pass breakups, while fellow senior CB Terrence Alston had a career-high three pass break ups.
*Redshirt freshman DL Travis Seefeldt recorded his first career fumble recovery.
Utah State Football to Play...
Utah State, who is 1-13 all-time against current Big 10 programs, will be facing the Spartans for...05/17/2017
Former Utah State Football ...
Former Utah State football player Len Rohde passed away last weekend in California. He was 79...05/16/2017
Utah State’s Anthony ...
Utah State linebacker Anthony Williams has signed a free agent contract with the New England...05/01/2017
Utah State Football Has Six...
Utah State football had six former players sign professional free agent contracts on Saturday,...04/29/2017
Utah State’s Devante ...
Utah State running back Devante Mays became the 11th Aggie selected to play professional football...04/29/2017
Utah State Head Football...
Utah State head football coach Matt Wells is excited and anxious to see more from his team...04/13/2017
Utah State Athletics...
Utah State Athletics announced on Tuesday afternoon kickoff times for the remainder of its 2017...04/11/2017
Aggie Defense Posts 75-64...
Utah State’s offense produced 563 total yards (428-passing, 135-rushing), but it was the...04/08/2017
Official Aggie Gear