Sep 7, 2013
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -
* Utah State won its first ever Mountain West game and improves to 29-25-3 all-time in conference openers, including a 12-13-3 road record.
* Utah State's 52 points are its most since defeating Wyoming, 63-19, in Logan on Oct. 8, 2011. The 52 points are also the most scored on the road since winning at Idaho, 52-49, on Nov. 28, 2009.
* Utah State has now won 12 straight conference games dating back to the 2011 season, extending its own school record. USU has also won seven straight conference road games dating back to 2011, setting a school record. Overall, USU has an 8-3 record in its last 11 road games.
* Utah State has won 17 of its last 21 games dating back to 2011, which is USU's best stretch since going 18-2-1 during the 1960-61 seasons.
* Utah State has won four of its last five games played in September.
* Utah State recorded 577 yards of total offense, marking the sixth time in the last eight games dating back to the 2011 season that it has recorded at least 500 yards of total offense.
* Utah State scored a touchdown on its first drive of the game for the first time this year and eighth time during the last two seasons.
* Utah State has now led at the half in 16 of its last 17 games dating back to the 2011 season and is 12-3 in its previous 15 games, including an 11-1 record a year ago.
* Utah State had 10 different players catch a pass in the game and five total rushers with four running backs and one quarterback.
* USU has averaged 32:03.5 time of possession in its last two games, with 32:04 last week vs. Utah and 32:03 Saturday vs. Air Force.
* Utah State players who made their first career start Saturday included sophomore WR Brandon Swindall, senior DL Paul Piukala, and senior LB Terrell Thompson.
* Junior QB Chuckie Keeton became the 25th player and second quarterback in school history to rush for 1,000 yards in his career. Overall, Keeton has now rushed for 1,074 yards in his career to rank tied for 23rd all-time in school history with Melvin Blue.
* Junior QB Chuckie Keeton tied his career-high and his own school record with five touchdown passes as he also had five touchdown passes against Wyoming on Oct. 8, 2011. Keeton has now thrown at least four touchdown passes in a game for the third time in his career, three touchdown passes six times in his career, and two touchdown passes in a game for the second time this year and 15th time in his career. Overall, he now has 45 career touchdown passes to rank third all-time in school history.
* Junior QB Chuckie Keeton has now thrown for at least 300 yards in both games this season and in five of his last seven games dating back to the 2012 season. Overall, Keeton has seven career 300-yard passing games.
* Junior QB Chuckie Keeton completed a career-high 32 passes and tied his career-high with 40 attempts. Overall, Keeton now has 444 career completions to move him ahead of Travis Cox (423) and into seventh-place on USU's all-time career completions list.
* Junior QB Chuckie Keeton had 437 yards of total offense to move him past Brent Synder (5,928) and Eric Hipple (6,121) and into fourth-place all-time at USU with 6,321 career yards of total offense.
* Senior WR Travis Van Leeuwen recorded a career-high six receptions, including his first touchdown this year and fourth of his career.
* Junior RB Joe Hill recorded his ninth career rushing touchdown in the first quarter, including his first this season. Hill also recorded his first touchdown reception of the year and third of his career.
* Sophomore WR Brandon Swindall had a career-high five receptions and a career-best 63 receiving yards. Swindall also had a career-long reception of 24 yards in the third quarter.
* Junior WR Shaan Johnson caught his first career pass.
* Junior WR Ronald Butler's first career reception was also a 23-yard touchdown reception.
* Senior RB Joey DeMartino recorded his first touchdown of the season and second of his career in the second quarter. DeMartino also had career-highs in both receptions (2) and receiving yards (27).
* Senior RB Robert Marshall posted a career-high for carries (13) and was just shy of his career-best in yards with 49 Saturday, just behind 54 at SJSU on 11/13/10. * Senior WR Travis Reynolds had a career-best 59 receiving yards.
* Junior TE Keegan Andersen caught his first career touchdown pass and recorded career-highs in both receptions (3) and receiving yards (20).
* Junior LB Zach Vigil forced his third career fumble in the first quarter.
* Sophomore LB Kyler Fackrell recovered his second career fumble in the first quarter.
* Senior LB Terrell Thompson forced his first career fumble in the second quarter.
* Senior LB Jake Doughty has now recorded double-digit tackles in both games this year and for the sixth time in his career.
* Senior DE Paul Piukala had a career-high five tackles.
* Freshman LB Nick Vigil had a career-high six tackles.
* Junior PK Nick Diaz is now 3-of-3 on field goals this year and 11-of-14 in his career, including 4-of-5 from 40-49 yards.
* USU's two punts Saturday were its fewest since Nov. 12, 2011 when the Aggies also punted twice against San Jose State.
* Junior P Jaron Bentrude boomed a career-long 47-yard punt in the fourth quarter, topping his career-long for the second game in a row, bettering a 43-yarder last week at Utah.
Utah State's B.J....
Utah State All-Mountain West defensive end B.J. Larsen has signed a free agent contract with the ...05/02/2015
Utah State's Brian...
Utah State All-Mountain West free safety Brian Suite has signed a free agent contract with the...05/02/2015
Utah State's Zach Vigil...
Utah State All-American linebacker Zach Vigil has signed a free agent contract with the Miami...05/02/2015
Utah State Football Will...
Utah State football will have six more nationally televised games it was announced Tuesday as the...04/28/2015
Utah State's Matt Wells...
Utah State head football coach Matt Wells was selected as the Coach of the Year at the Fourth...04/22/2015
Utah State Football To Have...
Utah State football will have three additional nationally televised Friday night games it was...04/15/2015
Third Spring Camp Under...
Spring camp sure proved to be an exciting one for Utah State's football team.04/15/2015
Blue Scores Late Touchdown ...
Redshirt freshman QB DJ Nelson connected with redshirt freshman WR Tyler Fox for a 4-yard...04/11/2015
Official Aggie Gear