Sept. 16, 2012
MADISON, Wis. -
UTAH STATE FOOTBALL POST-GAME NOTES Utah State at Wisconsin (9/15/12)
*Utah State had its seven-game regular-season winning streak snapped with the loss.
*The Aggies also had their three-game road game winning streak halted.
*Nine of USU's last 10 games dating back to last season have been by one score or less, with the season-opening 34-3 win over Southern Utah the lone game in that stretc Additionally, 12 of USU's last 16 games dating back to last year's season-opener have been by a one-score differential, as the Aggies led the nation with 10 last season.
*The all-time series is now tied 1-1 between USU and Wisconsin, and the Aggies are now 1-13 all-time against Big Ten Conference opponents.
* Utah State has now out-scored its opponents 41-0 in the first quarter this season and has not allowed a first-half TD this year.
* Utah State has had four drives of three players or less on the season.
* Wisconsin's 82-yard punt return for a TD was the first against Utah State since 2007 when Utah's Derrek Richards returned a punt 72 yards for a TD. The last time USU game up a special teams TD was on a 95 yard kickoff return against San Jose State in 2011.
* Utah State players who have started at least 10 games and started tonight include junior C Tyler Larsen made his 28th consecutive start; junior OT Erick Schultz made his 22nd consecutive start; junior CB Nevin Lawson made his 16th consecutive start and 18th of his career; senior FS McKade Brady made his 16th consecutive start and the 17th of his career; and senior LB Bojay Filimoeatu made his 16th consecutive start.
* Sophomore DL Elvis Kamana-Mantagi made his first career start tonight.
* Senior RB Kerwynn Williams recorded his first-career TD reception (39 yards) and had a career-high in receiving yards (78). Williams also had a career-high six receptions.
* Sophomore LB Zach Vigil forced his first career fumble and junior LB Jake Doughty recovered his first career fumble.
* Senior WR Matt Austin caught his eighth career TD pass.
* Sophomore QB Chuckie Keeton now has 17 career TD passes. For his career, Keeton has now thrown multiple TDs in six games.
* Redshirt freshman DL Jordan Nielsen blocked his first career kick on a PAT. It is the second week in a row that USU has blocked a kick.
* Sophomore S Brian Suite had a career-high 13 tackles.
Registration Open for Utah ...
Registration is now open for the 2017 Utah State Football Ladies Clinic presented by America...06/23/2017
Utah State Football Mini-Pl...
Utah State Athletics will put mini-plans for the BYU and Boise State football games on sale...06/09/2017
Aggie Great Phil Olsen on...
The National Football Foundation (NFF) & College Hall of Fame announced Thursday the names on the...06/01/2017
Utah State Football’s...
Utah State football’s upcoming non-conference road game at Wake Forest on Saturday, Sept....05/31/2017
Utah State Football’s...
Utah State will begin the 2017 season at Wisconsin on Friday, Sept. 1, and the game will be...05/25/2017
Utah State Football Holding...
Under the direction of fifth-year head coach Matt Wells, Utah State's football coaching staff...05/22/2017
Utah State Football to Play...
Utah State, who is 1-13 all-time against current Big 10 programs, will be facing the Spartans for...05/17/2017
Former Utah State Football ...
Former Utah State football player Len Rohde passed away last weekend in California. He was 79...05/16/2017
Official Aggie Gear