Sept. 22, 2012
FORT COLLINS, Colo. -
UTAH STATE FOOTBALL POST-GAME NOTES
Utah State at Colorado State (9/22/12)
* Utah State's 3-1 start to the season is its best since the 1978 team won its first five games of the year.
* Utah State has now won eight of its last 10 games dating back to 2011, including four of its last five on the road.
* Utah State improved to 11-10 under head coach Gary Andersen following a loss and has lost back-to-back games just twice in its last 17 outings.
*Utah State has now out-scored its opponents 51-0 in the first quarter this season and 65-9 in the first-half as USU has yet to allow a first-half touchdown.
* Utah State's 19-play drive in the second quarter was its longest since at least the 2004 season, according to available records. USU did have an 18-play drive against San Jose State in 2007.
* Utah State's 19-play, 85-yard drive in the second quarter took 7:46, which is USU's longest scoring drive in terms of time since an 8:23 minute drive against San Jose State in 2007.
* Utah State held an opponent scoreless in the first half for the first time since the 2009 season against San Jose State.
*Utah State rushed for 262 yards, which was just three shy of its season-high of 265 against Southern Utah.
* Utah State converted a season-high 10 third downs on 17 attempts.
* Utah State had season-highs with 10 tackles for loss and five sacks.
* Utah State players who have started at least 10 games and started tonight include junior C Tyler Larsen made his 29th consecutive start; junior OT Eric Schultz made his 23rd consecutive start; junior CB Nevin Lawson made his 17th consecutive start and 19th of his career; senior FS McKade Brady made his 17th consecutive start and the 18th of his career; and senior LB Bojay Filimoeatu made his 17th consecutive start.
* Senior RB Kerwynn Williams recorded his second career 100-yard rushing game as he finished the game with a career-high 205 yards on a career-best 21 carries to go along two rushing touchdowns, also a career-high. Williams also had a career-long 58 yard rush. Overall, Williams has three rushing touchdowns this year and 10 in his career.
* Senior WR Matt Austin tied his career-high with six catches. He also had his third receiving touchdown of the season and the ninth of his career.
* Sophomore RB Joe Hill scored his fourth rushing touchdown of the season.
* Junior WR Travis Van Leeuwen recorded a career-high four catches.
* Senior safety McKade Bray tied his season-high with 10 tackles. Overall, it is his fifth-career double digit tackle outing.
* Sophomore LB Zach Vigil had career-highs in tackles for loss (3) and sacks (2).
* Senior WR Chuck Jacobs had a career-long 55 yard kick return.
* Senior P Tyler Bennett had two punts of 50-plus yards to give him five punts of 50 or more yards this year.
Utah State Football to Play...
Utah State, who is 1-13 all-time against current Big 10 programs, will be facing the Spartans for...05/17/2017
Former Utah State Football ...
Former Utah State football player Len Rohde passed away last weekend in California. He was 79...05/16/2017
Utah State’s Anthony ...
Utah State linebacker Anthony Williams has signed a free agent contract with the New England...05/01/2017
Utah State Football Has Six...
Utah State football had six former players sign professional free agent contracts on Saturday,...04/29/2017
Utah State’s Devante ...
Utah State running back Devante Mays became the 11th Aggie selected to play professional football...04/29/2017
Utah State Head Football...
Utah State head football coach Matt Wells is excited and anxious to see more from his team...04/13/2017
Utah State Athletics...
Utah State Athletics announced on Tuesday afternoon kickoff times for the remainder of its 2017...04/11/2017
Aggie Defense Posts 75-64...
Utah State’s offense produced 563 total yards (428-passing, 135-rushing), but it was the...04/08/2017
Official Aggie Gear