Sept. 22, 2012
FORT COLLINS, Colo. -
UTAH STATE FOOTBALL POST-GAME NOTES
Utah State at Colorado State (9/22/12)
* Utah State's 3-1 start to the season is its best since the 1978 team won its first five games of the year.
* Utah State has now won eight of its last 10 games dating back to 2011, including four of its last five on the road.
* Utah State improved to 11-10 under head coach Gary Andersen following a loss and has lost back-to-back games just twice in its last 17 outings.
*Utah State has now out-scored its opponents 51-0 in the first quarter this season and 65-9 in the first-half as USU has yet to allow a first-half touchdown.
* Utah State's 19-play drive in the second quarter was its longest since at least the 2004 season, according to available records. USU did have an 18-play drive against San Jose State in 2007.
* Utah State's 19-play, 85-yard drive in the second quarter took 7:46, which is USU's longest scoring drive in terms of time since an 8:23 minute drive against San Jose State in 2007.
* Utah State held an opponent scoreless in the first half for the first time since the 2009 season against San Jose State.
*Utah State rushed for 262 yards, which was just three shy of its season-high of 265 against Southern Utah.
* Utah State converted a season-high 10 third downs on 17 attempts.
* Utah State had season-highs with 10 tackles for loss and five sacks.
* Utah State players who have started at least 10 games and started tonight include junior C Tyler Larsen made his 29th consecutive start; junior OT Eric Schultz made his 23rd consecutive start; junior CB Nevin Lawson made his 17th consecutive start and 19th of his career; senior FS McKade Brady made his 17th consecutive start and the 18th of his career; and senior LB Bojay Filimoeatu made his 17th consecutive start.
* Senior RB Kerwynn Williams recorded his second career 100-yard rushing game as he finished the game with a career-high 205 yards on a career-best 21 carries to go along two rushing touchdowns, also a career-high. Williams also had a career-long 58 yard rush. Overall, Williams has three rushing touchdowns this year and 10 in his career.
* Senior WR Matt Austin tied his career-high with six catches. He also had his third receiving touchdown of the season and the ninth of his career.
* Sophomore RB Joe Hill scored his fourth rushing touchdown of the season.
* Junior WR Travis Van Leeuwen recorded a career-high four catches.
* Senior safety McKade Bray tied his season-high with 10 tackles. Overall, it is his fifth-career double digit tackle outing.
* Sophomore LB Zach Vigil had career-highs in tackles for loss (3) and sacks (2).
* Senior WR Chuck Jacobs had a career-long 55 yard kick return.
* Senior P Tyler Bennett had two punts of 50-plus yards to give him five punts of 50 or more yards this year.
Utah State Loses Season...
Jamaal Williams rushed for 131 yards and one touchdown as BYU beat Utah State 28-10 in the battle...11/27/2016
Utah State's 2016 Senior...
Utah State’s 2016 senior class has certainly had its fair share of ups and downs, joys and ...11/25/2016
Utah State's Ricky Ali'ifua...
Utah State senior defensive end Ricky Ali’ifua has played in 50 career games with 22 starts...11/24/2016
Trio Of JC Transfers Have...
Junior college transfers Edmund Faimalo, Siua Taufa and Leki Uasike, all seniors, have given...11/23/2016
Utah State Running Back...
With 208 yards rushing against Weber State, senior running back Devante Mays went over the 1,000-...11/22/2016
After Slow Start To Utah...
If Steve Farmer had his way, he’d find a couple of more years of eligibility for senior...11/21/2016
Aggies Conclude Season at...
Utah State (3-8, 1-7 MW) concludes its 2016 season this weekend at BYU (7-4) on Saturday, Nov. 26...11/21/2016
Transcript: Utah State...
Utah State head football coach Matt Wells, along with senior center Austin Stephens and senior...11/21/2016
Official Aggie Gear