Sept. 22, 2012
FORT COLLINS, Colo. -
UTAH STATE FOOTBALL POST-GAME NOTES
Utah State at Colorado State (9/22/12)
* Utah State's 3-1 start to the season is its best since the 1978 team won its first five games of the year.
* Utah State has now won eight of its last 10 games dating back to 2011, including four of its last five on the road.
* Utah State improved to 11-10 under head coach Gary Andersen following a loss and has lost back-to-back games just twice in its last 17 outings.
*Utah State has now out-scored its opponents 51-0 in the first quarter this season and 65-9 in the first-half as USU has yet to allow a first-half touchdown.
* Utah State's 19-play drive in the second quarter was its longest since at least the 2004 season, according to available records. USU did have an 18-play drive against San Jose State in 2007.
* Utah State's 19-play, 85-yard drive in the second quarter took 7:46, which is USU's longest scoring drive in terms of time since an 8:23 minute drive against San Jose State in 2007.
* Utah State held an opponent scoreless in the first half for the first time since the 2009 season against San Jose State.
*Utah State rushed for 262 yards, which was just three shy of its season-high of 265 against Southern Utah.
* Utah State converted a season-high 10 third downs on 17 attempts.
* Utah State had season-highs with 10 tackles for loss and five sacks.
* Utah State players who have started at least 10 games and started tonight include junior C Tyler Larsen made his 29th consecutive start; junior OT Eric Schultz made his 23rd consecutive start; junior CB Nevin Lawson made his 17th consecutive start and 19th of his career; senior FS McKade Brady made his 17th consecutive start and the 18th of his career; and senior LB Bojay Filimoeatu made his 17th consecutive start.
* Senior RB Kerwynn Williams recorded his second career 100-yard rushing game as he finished the game with a career-high 205 yards on a career-best 21 carries to go along two rushing touchdowns, also a career-high. Williams also had a career-long 58 yard rush. Overall, Williams has three rushing touchdowns this year and 10 in his career.
* Senior WR Matt Austin tied his career-high with six catches. He also had his third receiving touchdown of the season and the ninth of his career.
* Sophomore RB Joe Hill scored his fourth rushing touchdown of the season.
* Junior WR Travis Van Leeuwen recorded a career-high four catches.
* Senior safety McKade Bray tied his season-high with 10 tackles. Overall, it is his fifth-career double digit tackle outing.
* Sophomore LB Zach Vigil had career-highs in tackles for loss (3) and sacks (2).
* Senior WR Chuck Jacobs had a career-long 55 yard kick return.
* Senior P Tyler Bennett had two punts of 50-plus yards to give him five punts of 50 or more yards this year.
Aggies Host Fresno State In...
Utah State (2-4, 0-3 MW) hosts Fresno State (1-6, 0-3 MW) in Mountain West play on Saturday, Oct....10/17/2016
Utah State’s Travis...
Utah State’s Travis Seefeldt has been selected as one of 156 semifinalists, including 66 at...10/17/2016
Aggies in the NFL - Week Six
Fourteen former Aggies are on active NFL rosters. See how they did in week six.10/17/2016
Utah State to Host Football...
This week’s Utah State Football Coach’s Luncheon, sponsored by USU Athletics and...10/16/2016
Utah State Football Ranks...
Following its bye week and the first seven weeks of the college football season, Utah State ranks...10/16/2016
Utah State's Dalton...
Coming into the 2016 season, Dalton Forsythe had two things on his mind: Beating BYU and...10/13/2016
Utah State’s Travis...
Utah State’s Travis Seefeldt has been selected as one of 30 candidates nationwide for the...10/12/2016
Utah State's Wyatt Houston ...
Utah State’s Wyatt Houston has been named to the 2016 John Mackey Award Midseason Watch...10/12/2016
Official Aggie Gear