Sept. 30, 2012
LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE FOOTBALL POST-GAME NOTES vs. UNLV (9/29/12)TEAM NOTES
· Utah State is 4-1 to start a season for the first time since 1978 when that team won its first five games.
· Utah State has won each of its last five home games, which is the longest home winning streak since the 1981-82 seasons when those teams combined for five-straight home wins. Overall, USU is now 13-7 at home under head coach Gary Andersen, which includes an 8-1 non-conference record.
· Utah State is now 50-30-2 all-time in Homecoming games.
· Utah State was held scoreless in the first quarter for the first time this season, but still has out-scored its opponents 51-0 in the first quarter this year.
· UNLV's second quarter TD was the first TD allowed by Utah State in the first-half this year.
· Utah State has led at the half in every game this year and has out-scored its opponents 85-16 during the first half this season.
· Utah State has won nine of its last 10 regular season games and nine of its last 11 games overall.
· Utah State is now 13-7 all-time against UNLV, including a 7-3 home record. Overall, USU snaps a two-game losing streak to the Rebels and has now won 10 of the last 13 games played in the series.
· Utah State had a pair of 100-yard receivers (Kerwynn Williams, 7-147; Chuck Jacobs, 4-101) for the first time since 2002 when Kevin Curtis had 13 receptions for 177 yards and Chris Cooley had five receptions for 105 yards against Middle Tennessee.
· Utah State recorded its first safety since the 2011 bowl game against Ohio.
· Utah State's 35 points are a season-high and the most since scoring 49 points in a double-overtime win at Idaho in 2011.
· Utah State has now won consecutive games by double-digits for the first time since 2003 when it defeated Arkansas State (49-0) and Middle Tennessee (41-20).
· Utah State has now held three-straight opponents to less than 20 points for the first time since 1991.
· Utah State has held its first five opponents of the season under 21 points for the first time since 1965.
· Utah State's 564 yards of total offense are the second-most this year (569 vs. Southern Utah) and the 17th most in school history.
· Utah State's 424 passing yards rank as the eighth-most in school history and the most since passing for 442 yards against Middle Tennessee in 2002.
· Senior RB Kerwynn Williams had a career-high seven receptions for a career-high 147 yards with one TD. That TD was a 74-yard reception which is a career-long and the longest play from scrimmage for USU this year. The 147 receiving yards for Williams are the most by an Aggie since Kevin Curtis caught 13 passes for 177 yards against Middle Tennessee in 2002 and the most by a non-wide receiver since RB Tom Larscheid had 172 receiving yards on three receptions against Hawai`i in 1959.
· Williams also rushed for 113 yards to become the first Utah State RB to have 100-yards rushing and receiving in the same game since Robert Turbin rushed for 104 yards on 17 carries and added 116 receiving yards on four receptions against Southern Utah in 2009. For Williams, it is his second-straight 100-yard rushing game and the third of his career. Williams also had a career-high 260 all-purpose yards.
· Sophomore QB Chuckie Keeton threw for a career-best 402 yards with four TDs as he was 20-of-33 passing. Those 402 passing yards are the10th-most in school history and the most by an Aggie QB since Jose Fuentes threw for 426 yards against Middle Tennessee in 2002. Keeton has now thrown multiple TD passes in four of his five games this year and in seven games in his career.
· Senior WR Chuck Jacobs' 50-yard TD pass was a career long. He also had a career-high 101 receiving yards for his first-career 100-yard receiving game. Jacobs also had two TD receptions to give him three on the season and five in his career.
· Sophomore RB Joe Hill tied his career-high with two receptions and had a career-high 86 yards, which included a career-long 65-yard reception.
· Freshman WR Bruce Natson had a career-long reception of 22 yards.
· Junior LB Jake Doughty had a career-high 13 tackles.
· Redshirt freshman LB Zach Vigil tied his career-high with 10 tackles.
· Sophomore S Frankie Sutera had a career-high five tackles.
· Junior DL A.J. Pataiali`i had a career-high four tackles.
· Redshirt freshman DL Travis Seefeldt had a career-high three tackles.
· Junior DL B.J. Larsen recorded his first-career sack.
· Senior CB Terrence Alston recorded his first career interception.
· Senior TE D.J. Tialavea caught his first TD reception of the season and the second of his career. His two receptions tonight were also the first of the season and tied his career-high.
· Senior P Tyler Bennett had two punts of 50-plus yards tonight to give him six on the season. He also had a career-high five punts downed inside the 20-yardline.
· Junior PK Josh Thompson tied his career-high with two made FGs (32, 31).
Utah State’s LaJuan...
Utah State sophomore running back LaJuan Hunt has been named a preseason candidate for the 2015...07/16/2015
Utah State’s Chuckie ...
Utah State redshirt senior quarterback Chuckie Keeton has been named to the 2015 Davey O’Br...07/16/2015
Utah State’s Chuckie ...
Utah State redshirt senior quarterback Chuckie Keeton has been named to the 2015 Wuerffel Trophy ...07/15/2015
Utah State’s Hunter...
Utah State senior wide receiver Hunter Sharp has been named to the 2015 Biletnikoff Award...07/15/2015
Utah State’s Kyler...
Utah State senior linebacker Kyler Fackrell has been named to both the 2015 Rotary Lombardi Award...07/14/2015
Utah State Athletics...
For the second time in as many years, Utah State Athletics has announced a contract extension for...07/10/2015
Utah State’s Kyler...
Utah State senior linebacker Kyler Fackrell has been named to the 2015 Bronko Nagurski Watch List...07/10/2015
Austin Stephens Named to...
Utah State junior center Austin Stephens was selected to the 2015 Dave Rimington Trophy Fall...07/08/2015
Official Aggie Gear