Oct. 12, 2013
LOGAN, Utah -
* For the third-straight game, Utah State has had a sellout marking the first time in the history of Romney Stadium that USU has had three sellouts in the same season, let alone three straight games.
* Utah State lost back-to-back games for the first time in its last 26 games dating back to the 2011 season when it lost consecutive games at Fresno State (31-12) and to Louisiana Tech (24-17).
* Boise State is the fourth team this year to score a first quarter touchdown against Utah State, joining Utah, USC and BYU. USU entered the 2012 season not allowing a first quarter touchdown in its previous 15 games. Overall, USU has not allowed a first quarter touchdown in 18 of its last 23 games dating back to the 2011 season.
* Utah State has now trailed at the end of the first quarter in each of its last two games and in three games this year as it also trailed at USC. Overall, USU has now trailed at the end of the first quarter just three times in its last 22 games.
* Utah State has not scored in the first quarter for just the second time this year (USC) and second time in its last 16 games dating back to 2012.
* The 24 first half points scored against USU are its most allowed since Hawai'i scored 28 first-half points against the Aggies on Nov. 5, 2011 a span of 26 games. * Utah State's 14 point halftime deficit is its largest since trailing at Hawai'i, 28-7, on Nov. 5, 2011.
* Utah State has now trailed at the half in each of its last two games and for just the third time in its last 14 games.
* Utah State has now blocked two kicks this year and eight kicks during the last two years as redshirt freshman CB Devin Centers blocked a BSU punt in the second quarter for his second block of the season.
* Utah State has intercepted seven passes in its last three games after not intercepting a pass in its first four games of the year.
* Aggies who made their first career start tonight junior QB Craig Harrison.
* Senior WR Travis Reynolds has now caught a pass in 16 straight games dating back to the 2012 season, the longest active streak on the team. Reynolds had a career-high 142 receiving yards for his first career 100-yard receiving game.
* Senior WR Travis Van Leeuwen caught his third TD reception of the season and sixth of his career.
* Senior CB Nevin Lawson intercepted his second and third pass of the season and now has five interceptions in his career. Lawson also scored his first career TD on a 65-yard interception return, which is USU's first pick-six since Nov. 24, 2012 when Will Davis returned an interception 59 yards for a touchdown. Lawson is the first Aggie to record two interceptions in a game since Sept. 25, 2004 when Robert Watts and Antonio Taylor both intercepted two passes against UNLV.
* Senior CB Nevin Lawson tied his career-high with nine tackles and also had a career-high five passes defended.
* Senior LB Jake Doughty recorded his fifth double-digit tackle outing this year and the ninth of his career with his career-high 19 stops.
* Junior LB Zach Vigil has now recorded double-digits in tackles in each of his last four games with 12 stops tonight. Overall, Vigil now has five double-digit tackle games this year and 10 in his career.
* Junior QB Craig Harrison had a career-long rush of 22 yards.
* Freshman QB Darell Garretson played for the first time this season and completed 9-of-14 passes for 116 yards with one touchdown.
* Junior S Brian Suite intercepted his first pass of the season and second of his career. Suite also recorded his second career double-digit tackling outing with 11 stops.
* Senior RB Joey DeMartino recorded his fifth rushing TD of the season and sixth of his career.
* Senior RB Robert Marshall carried the ball a career-high 19 times for a career-best 69 yards.
* Junior DE B.J. Larsen recorded his first sack of the season and fifth of his career.
* Sophomore DE Jordan Nielsen recorded his first sack of the season and sixth of his career.
* Junior CB Jeremy Morris tied his career-high with four tackles.
* Junior PK Nick Diaz is now 8-for-11 on field goals this year, including 5-of-6 from 20-29 yards and 1-of-2 from 30-39 yards. For his career, Diaz is now 16-of-22 on field goals including 7-of-9 from 20-29 yards and 3-of-4 from 30-39 yards.
Aggies Kickoff 2015 Season ...
Utah State (0-0) will open the 2015 season at home for just the 13th time since 1959 as it hosts ...08/31/2015
Utah State Football Coach&r...
Utah State Football Coach’s Luncheons, sponsored by the Big Blue Scholarship Fund, will...08/30/2015
Utah State Offensive...
With the start of the college football season just a week away, Utah State can now start focusing...08/27/2015
Utah State Football Closing...
Beginning this Tuesday, Aug. 25, all of Utah State’s football practices will be closed in...08/24/2015
Utah State Defense and...
In all, third-year head coach Matt Wells ran his team through roughly 90 plays, which included...08/22/2015
Utah State Holds 15th...
Utah State football held its 15th practice of fall camp Friday morning and third-year head coach ...08/21/2015
Aggie Football Family Fun...
Utah State's 10th-annual Aggie Football Family Fun Day, sponsored by Macey's Foods, will be held ...08/20/2015
Utah State Football Coach&r...
Utah State Football Coach’s Luncheons, sponsored by the Big Blue Scholarship Fund, will...08/20/2015
Official Aggie Gear