Oct. 19, 2013
Final Stats |
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -
* Utah State has now won 10 straight conference road games dating back to the 2011 season, extending its own school record. Overall, USU is 3-2 on the road this year and has won 10 of its last 15 road games.
* Utah State has now won 14 of its last 15 conference games dating back to the 2011 season.
* Utah State has now won 20 of its last 27 games overall and has not lost three-straight games in its last 40 games dating back to 2010.
* Utah State rushed for a season-high 337 yards, while its 42 rushes are the fourth-most this year.
* Utah State had a season-high six sacks.
* Utah State had a field goal blocked for the third-straight game.
* Utah State has not allowed a first half touchdown for the third time this year and 13th time over the last two years. USU has now led at the half in 19 of its last 23 games and is 15-3 in its previous 18 games.
* Utah State has now led at the end of the first quarter in four of its eight games this year and in 19 of its last 23 games and USU has won 18 of those previous 22 games when leading at the end of the first period.
* Utah State did not allow any first quarter points for the second time this year and 12th time in the last two years. USU also did not allow a first quarter touchdown for the fourth time this year and 17th time in the past two years.
* Aggies who made their first career start tonight freshman QB Darell Garretson and sophomore offensive lineman Logan Malohifo'ou.
* Senior RB Joey DeMartino recorded his third career 100-yard rushing game with his career-high 144 rushing yards. He also tied his career-high with three rushing TDs (Weber State), giving him eight rushing TDs this year and nine in his career. Overall, it is his second career multi-touchdown game. DeMartino also caught his first career TD on a career-long reception of 21 yards. He also has a career-high three receptions for a career-best 41 yards.
* Freshman QB Darell Garretson threw his second career TD pass. He also had career-highs in completions (14), attempts (20) and yards (141).
* Senior CB Tay Glover-Wright had career-highs in rushing attempts (7) and rushing yards (36).
* Freshman TE Wyatt Houston caught his first career pass.
* Sophomore WR Bruce Natson returned a punt 65 yards for his first career TD and is the first Aggie to return a punt for a TD since Kevin Robinson returned a punt 70 yards for a score against Nevada in 2007. Natson also had a career-high five punt returns for a career-best 102 yards.
* Junior LB Zach Vigil recorded one sack giving him 1.5 sacks this year and 7.0 in his career.
* Senior DE Connor Williams recovered his first career fumble. He also posted 0.5 sacks in the game giving him 1.0 sacks this year and 9.0 in his career.
* Junior DE B.J. Larsen posted 0.5 sacks and now has 1.5 sacks this year and 5.5 for his career.
* Senior DE Paul Piukala forced his first career fumble.
* Sophomore DT Travis Seefeldt recorded his first career sack.
* Redshirt freshman DE Ricky Ali'ifua recorded his first career sack.
* Junior DT Elvis Kamana-Mataga tied his career-high with three tackles.
* Junior P Jaron Bentrude scored his first career TD on a 72-yard run on a fake punt.
* Junior PK Nick Diaz is now 9-of-13 on field goals this year, including 6-of-8 from 20-to-29 yards. In his career, Diaz is now 17-of-14 on field goals, including 8-of-11 from 20-to-29 yards.