Nov. 2, 2013
Final Stats |
LOGAN, Utah -
* Utah State's senior class won its 27th game over the last four years, to set a school record. The previous school record for wins by a senior class was 26 set by the 1962 and 2012 senior classes.
* Utah State had a season-high 370 passing yards as part of its 533 yards of total offense, which is its third-most this year. Overall, USU has recorded at least 500 yards of total offense four times this year and in nine of its last 15 games dating back to last season.
* Utah State possessed the ball for a season-high 39:14,which is the most by USU since Nov. 24, 2011 at South Florida when it possessed the ball for 40:14.
* Utah State has now won 15 of its last 16 league games. USU has also won 10 of its last 12 home games, including six of its last seven against conference foes at home.
* Utah State has won 21 of its last 28 games overall since Nov. 5 2011 when it posted a 35-31 road win at Hawai'i.
* Utah State has now won 12 straight games when it has a 100-yard rusher. Overall, USU has now had a player rush for at least 100 yards 34 times in the last five seasons, a span of 59 games.
* Utah State has won eight straight games in November and 10 of its last 11 overall during November.
* Utah State has now led at the half in 20 of its last 24 games and is 17-3 in those games, including a 5-1 record this year.
* Utah State has held each of its last two opponents, four opponents this year and 14 of its last 22 opponents overall without a first-half touchdown as UH had three first-half points.
* Utah State has now scored on its initial drive for the second time in as many games and fifth time this year.
* Utah State has now held 20 of its last 25 opponents without a first quarter touchdown.
* Utah State has intercepted 10 passes in its last five games, including three today, after not intercepting a pass in its first four games of the year. USU also had its second interception returned for a touchdown on the season.
* Utah State now has a 191-94 scoring advantage in the first half this year, including a 54-6 advantage in the first half in the last two games.
* Utah State has now won each of its last two games and three of its last five games overall following a bye.
* Aggies who made their first career start include freshman tight end Wyatt Houston.
* Freshman quarterback Darell Garreton threw a career-high three touchdown passes giving him five touchdown passes this season. He also had career-highs in completions (28), attempts (41) and yards (370), to go along with a career-high six rushes for a career-best 22 yards, including a career-long of 15 yards.
* Freshman QB Darell Garretson set a school record for passing yards by a freshman with 370, breaking the previous record held by Brett Stevens who threw for 340 yards as a freshman against Fresno State in 1985. Garretson's 370 passing yards are also the 20th-most in school history in a single game and a season-high by an Aggie quarterback.
* Sophomore wide receiver Bruce Natson caught his first touchdown pass of the season and second of his career.
* Senior wide receiver Travis Reynolds tied his career-high with eight catches for a career-best 152 yards for his second-career 100-yard receiving game. Reynolds also caught his fourth touchdown pass of the season and fifth of his career. He also extended his team-leading streak of catching at least one pass to 18 straight games. The 152 receiving yards by Reynolds are the most by a wide receiver since Kevin Curtis had 177 receiving yards against Middle Tennessee in 2002.
* Junior wide receiver Ronald Butler has a career-high five receptions for a career-best 59 yards, including a career-long reception of 26 yards.
* Senior running back Joey DeMartino recorded his second-straight 100-yard rushing game and his fourth this season and of his career as he carried the ball a career-high 20 times for 104 yards. He also scored his ninth rushing touchdown this year and the 10th of his career.
*Freshman tight end Wyatt Houston caught his first touchdown on a career-long 44 yard pass.
* Sophomore linebacker Kyler Fackrell intercepted his first pass of the season and fourth of his career, and returned it 99 yards for a touchdown, which is the third-longest interception for score in school history.
* Junior safety Brian Suite intercepted his second pass of the season and the third of his career.
* Junior safety Frankie Sutera intercepted his first career pass.
* Junior defensive end B.J. Larsen recorded his second sack of the season and sixth of his career.
* Senior linebacker Terrell Thompson recorded his first sack of the season giving him 1.5 sacks for his career.
* Freshman running back Kennedy Williams tied his career-high with six rushing attempts.
* Junior placekicker Nick Diaz has now made three field goals in a game (40, 32, 32) for the second time in his career. On the season, he is now 12-of-16 on field goals including 3-of-4 from 30-39 yards, and 3-of-4 from 40-49 yards. For his career, Diaz is 22-of-29 on field goals including 5-of-6 from 30-39 yards and 7-of-9 from 40-49 yards.
* Junior placekicker Nick Diaz now ranks tied for eighth all-time in school history with his 22 career made field goals along with Dane Kidman (1999-2002), Doug Beach (1990-92) and Russ Moody (1988-89).
* Freshman placekicker Jake Thompson made his first career field goal attempt from 52 yards, which is also a season-long for Utah State and tied for the 10th-longest field goal in school history.