Nov. 9, 2013
LAS VEGAS, Nev. -
* Utah State has won a season-best three-straight games and is now bowl eligible for the third-straight season with its 6-4 record. USU has never played in three-straight bowl games.
* Utah State extended its own school record by winning its 11th-straight conference road game as the previous school record was six-straight from 1995-97.
* Utah State has now won 11 of its last 16 road games overall, including a 4-2 record this year.
* Utah State has now won 16 of its last 17 league games overall.
* Utah State has now won nine straight games during the month of November and 11 of its last 12 overall during the month of November.
* Utah State's senior class has now won 28 games during its career to extend its own school record.
* Utah State was 0-4 during its last 24 games when trailing at the half, before tonight as it trailed 17-14 at the half.
* Despite trailing 17-14 at the half, USU has still out-scored its opponents 205-111 this season, including a 68-23 mark during its last three games.
* Utah State improved to 6-0 on the season when it rushes at least 40 times as it had 45 rushing attempts against UNLV.
* Utah State lost the time of possession (27:03) for the fourth time this year.
* Utah State was 10-of-17 on third downs, marking the fourth time this season it has converted at least 10 first downs.
* UNLV's Tim Cornett is just the second running back this year to rush for 100 yards against USU, along with Boise State's Jay Ajayi, as his 115 rushing yards are the most by an Aggie opponent this year. Cornett also had one rushing touchdown in the game, as USU has now allowed just eight rushing touchdowns in 10 games on the season.
* Utah State allowed a first-quarter touchdown for the fifth time this year and for just the sixth time in its last 26 games overall.
* Utah State did not score in the first quarter for the third time this year, also doing so against USC and Boise State.
* Utah State had two players with 100 receiving yards for the first time since Sept. 29, 2012 against UNLV when Chuck Jacobs and Kerwynn Williams both had 100 receiving yards.
* Senior WR Travis Reynolds has now caught a pass in 19 straight games to extend his team lead and is the longest streak by an Aggie since Kellen Bartlett caught a pass in each of his last 19 games in his career.
* Senior WR Travis Reynolds recorded his third-career 100 yard receiving game as he finished with 129 yards on seven receptions. Overall, it is the third time in the last four games that Reynolds has recorded a 100-yard receiving game.
* Senior WR Travis Van Leeuwen recorded his second career 100-yard receiving game as he caught four passes for a career-high 112 yards.
* Freshman QB Darell Garretson threw his six touchdown pass of the season.
* Junior WR Shaan Johnson caught his first career touchdown.
* Sophomore WR Bruce Natson recorded his first two career rushing touchdowns. Natson also had a career-high nine rushes for a career-best 71 yards, including a career-long rush of 16 yards.
* Senior RB Joey DeMartino scored his 10th rushing touchdown of the season and the 11th of his career.
* Senior CB Nevin Lawson intercepted his fourth pass of the season and sixth of his career.
* Senior LB Jake Doughty recorded double-digit tackles for the sixth time this year and 10th time in his career with 11 stops. Doughty also tied his career-high with 2.5 tackles for loss and recorded his second sack of the season and third of his career.
* Junior LB Zach Vigil recorded double-digit tackles for the sixth time this year and 11th time in his career with 11 stops.
* Senior S Maurice Alexander recorded one sack in the game to give him 2.5 sacks this year and 5.5 in his career.
Utah State Football...
Utah State football held its end of season banquet Wednesday night, honoring the 2015 team that...04/07/2016
Former Utah State Football ...
Utah State had 20 former football players work out in front of 21 National Football League (NFL) ...04/06/2016
As a quarterback at Utah State during the 1980s, Mike “Chico” Canales thoroughly...04/05/2016
Utah State Football to Host...
Utah State football will host Pro Day for outgoing Aggies on Wednesday, April 6 at the ICON...04/05/2016
Utah State Committed to...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State looked to establish its running game in the second scrimmage of the...04/01/2016
Utah State Football Will...
With just over a week left in spring drills, Utah State football will hold its final scrimmage...03/31/2016
Linebackers Coach David...
David Kotulski never imagined he would return to Utah State. But, the veteran coach did not want ...03/29/2016
Julius Brown is a proven winner. After all, the native of Stockton, Calif., has been part of five...03/22/2016
Official Aggie Gear