Nov. 17, 2012
RUSTON, La. -
· Utah State won its first-ever road game against a ranked opponent and is now 2-50 all-time against ranked teams as its only other win was a 20-19 home victory against No. 25 Fresno State on Nov. 2, 1991.
· Utah State improved to 2-0 on the season and 6-4 all-time in overtime, and has now won each of its last three overtimes dating back to last season.
· Utah State has now won six straight games in November and improved to 10-3 in November under Andersen.
· Utah State improved to 9-2 on the season and those nine wins ties the 1960 and 1961 teams for the most wins in a single-season in school history.
· Utah State's 9-2 record this year is its best since the 1961 team finished the year with a 9-1-1 record.
· Utah State improved to 5-0 in the WAC and is now guaranteed at least a share of its first-ever regular season WAC Championship. Overall, it is its 11th conference championship in school history joining the 1921, 1936, 1946, 1960, 1961, 1978, 1978, 1993, 1996 and 1997 teams.
· Utah State is 5-0 in conference play for the first time since the 1960 season and its five conference wins are tied for the second most in school history. USU has now won five conference games in back-to-back seasons for just the fourth time in school history and for the first time since 1990 and 1991.
· Utah State is now 14-3 in its last 17 games for its best 17-game stretch since the 1962-64 seasons.
· Utah State has now won 10 straight WAC games dating back to last season.
· Utah State has now won seven of its last nine road games, including each of its last six in WAC play. This year, USU is 4-2 on the road which are the most road wins since 1980.
· Utah State has now scored 38-plus points in each of its last four games extending its school record.
· Utah State has now scored a touchdown on its first offensive play of the game for the second time this year and second time in its last four games on its 86-yard screen pass from sophomore QB Chuckie Keeton to senior RB Kerwynn Williams. USU also scored on its first offensive play from scrimmage on a 76-yard screen pass from Keeton to Williams against New Mexico State.
· Utah State now has four one-play scoring drives this year.
· Utah State is now 5-of-9 on fourth down this year after its first quarter conversion.
· Utah State has now out-scored its opponents 117-6 in the first quarter this and has not allowed a first quarter TD this season. USU has now scored first in all but one game this season (FG by San Jose State).
· Utah State has now out-scored its opponent 223-48 in the first half this season. USU has also led at the half in all but one game this year (trailed BYU, 6-3).
· Utah State's 16-play scoring drive in the first quarter is its second-longest scoring drive of the season (19 at Colorado State). Overall, USU has now had 10 scoring drives this year of at least 10 plays.
· Utah State has now blocked six kicks this year as redshirt freshman DE Jordan Nielsen blocked a 43-yard FG attempt in the second quarter. USU's other blocks this year were by sophomore LB Zach Vigil on a punt against Utah; Nielsen's blocked PAT at Wisconsin; junior DL Paul Piukala's blocked FG attempt at BYU; redshirt freshman Kyler Fackrell's blocked FG attempt against New Mexico State; and junior CB Devonta Glover-Wright's blocked punt at UTSA.
· Utah State has now given up a total of six first half points in its last four games with field goals by UTSA and Louisiana Tech.
· Utah State has now scored a TD on its first series of the game for the fifth-straight game and for the seventh time this year.
· Utah State has now had 27 scoring drives of five plays or less this year with its four this game.
· Utah State allowed just its fourth rushing TD this year, and all four have been in the third quarter. USU also allowed its fifth rushing TD of the season in the fourth quarter and allowed multiple rushing TDs in a game for the first time this year.
· Utah State scored a season-high 24 third quarter points.
· Utah State had a season-high 646 yards of total offense which is a season-high and eighth-most in school history, and the most since recording 635 yards of total offense against Weber State in 2011. USU also had a season-high 306 rushing yards.
· The 41 points and 629 yards of offense by Louisiana Tech are both season-highs allowed by Utah State.
· Sophomore QB Chuckie Keeton set the single-season school record for TD passes with his two first quarter TDs, breaking the previous school record of 24 TD passes set by Jose Fuentes (2001). For his career, Keeton now has 36 career TD passes to rank tied for fourth all-time at USU with Diondre Borel (2007-10).
· Sophomore QB Chuckie Keeton threw for 340 yards, for his third-straight 300-yard passing game and the fifth of his season and career.
· With his 20 completions, sophomore QB Chuckie Keeton now has 237 completions this year to rank fifth all-time at USU for a single-season. For his career, Keeton now has 343 completions to rank ninth all-time at USU.
· Sophomore QB Chuckie Keeton had 461 yards of total offense in the game and set the single-season school record for total offense with 3,538 yards breaking the previous record of 3,343 yards of total offense set by Diondre Borel in 2009.
· Sophomore QB Chuckie Keeton recorded his first career 100-yard rushing game with 121 yards.
· Sophomore QB Chuckie Keeton recorded his fifth and sixth rushing TD of the season in the third quarter and now has 10 in his career. Overall, it is Keeton's second multi-TD rushing game this year and the third of his career.
· Senior RB Kerwynn Williams had 162 rushing yards, 125 receiving yards and 16 kick return yards for 303 all-purpose yards giving him 6,510 all-purpose yards and breaking the school record of 6,479 all-purpose yards set by Kevin Robinson (2004-07). Williams also now ranks second all-time in the WAC trailing Terance Mathis' 6,691 all-purpose yards.
· Senior RB Kerwynn Williams had three TDs (2-rushing, 1-receiving) in the game and now has 23 total TDs in his career to rank ninth all-time in school history.
· Senior RB Kerwynn Williams now has 11 rushing TDs this year and 18 in his career to rank tied for eighth all-time at USU with Roy Shivers (1964-65).
· Senior RB Kerwynn Williams had 162 rushing yards for his fifth 100-yard rushing game of the season and the sixth of his career. He also recorded his second 100-yard receiving game of the year and it is the second time this year that Williams has recorded 100-yards rushing and receiving in the same game (UNLV).
· Senior RB Kerwynn Williams now has four receiving TDs this year.
· Senior TE Kellen Bartlett caught his fourth TD pass of the season in the first quarter.
· Senior LB Bojay Filimoeatu recorded a sack in the first quarter and now has 3.5 sacks this year and 6.5 sacks in his career.
· Redshirt freshman DE Jordan Nielsen blocked his second kick of the year on a 43-yard FG attempt in the second quarter. Nielsen also blocked a PAT at Wisconsin.
· Senior CB Will Davis intercepted his fourth pass in as many games with his second quarter INT, which are the most by a USU player in a single season since Terrance Washington had five INTs in 2003.
· Junior LB Jake Doughty had a career-high 18 tackles and recorded his first career INT.
· Sophomore LB Zach Vigil tied his career-high with 10 tackles for the fifth time this year.
· Junior S Cameron Sanders recorded his first career fumble recovery in the third quarter.
· Junior TE D.J. Tialavea had a career-high three receptions.
Utah State’s Travis...
Utah State redshirt senior nose guard Travis Seefeldt has been named to the 2016 Wuerffel Trophy ...07/13/2016
Utah State’s Travis...
Utah State redshirt senior nose guard Travis Seefeldt is one of 165 college football players from...07/13/2016
Jared Russell Named...
Utah State football head coach Matt Wells announced Tuesday the hiring of Jared Russell as the...07/12/2016
Former Utah State Running...
For the second time in the past three years, former Utah State running back Robert Turbin...07/09/2016
Utah State’s Austin...
Utah State senior offensive center Austin Stephens was tabbed to the 2016 Dave Rimington Trophy...07/06/2016
Utah State’s Wyatt...
Utah State senior tight end Wyatt Houston has been named to the 2016 John Mackey Award Watch List...07/06/2016
Utah State Football's...
Utah State football’s season and home opener against Weber State will be streamed live on...06/30/2016
Utah State Football Away...
Utah State football fans looking to travel to the Aggies' away games during the 2016 season can...06/22/2016
Official Aggie Gear