LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE FOOTBALL
Post-Game Notes vs. Hawai’i (11/18/17)
* With the win, Utah State is now bowl eligible for the sixth time in the last seven seasons. Overall, USU has played in 11 bowl games in school history.
* Utah State improves to 9-6 all-time against Hawai’i, including a 5-2 home record. Overall, USU has now won four-straight games in the series, with the last three being by double-digits.
* Utah State improved to 23-16 all-time in Mountain West play, including a 13-7 home record.
* Utah State improved to 6-0 under head coach Matt Wells following a bye week. USU is also 34-30 under Wells, including a 23-16 Mountain West record.
* Utah State improved to 3-1 this season and 14-3 under Wells with a freshman starting at quarterback.
* Utah State is now 4-0 on the season and has now won 22 of its last 25 games with a 100-yard rusher.
* Utah State has now won 40 of its last 41 games when scoring at least 30 points, including a 26-1 record under Wells.
* Utah State held an opponent scoreless for the first time since the 2013 season when it posted a 13-0 home win against Colorado State, a span of 53 games. It is also the second shutout in series history, as USU defeated UH 48-0 in 1966.
* Utah State’s defense has now allowed zero points in seven trips into the red zone by its opponents in the last two games as Hawai’i was 0-of-3 in the red zone today and New Mexico was 0-of-4 in the red zone two weeks ago.
* Utah State is 4-1 this season and 28-6 under head coach Matt Wells when leading at the half.
* With its forced fumble in the second quarter, Utah State has now forced 15 fumbles and 25 turnovers this season. USU has now forced 135 turnovers in its last 73 games, including at least one turnover in 56 of its last 73 games.
* Utah State’s 311 rushing yards are its second-most this season behind its 318 rushing yards at San Jose State. USU finished with 475 yards of total offense, its fourth-most in a game this season.
* Utah State did not allow a sack today and has not allowed a sack in its last three games and has allowed just one sack in its last four games.
* Captains for today’s game are senior BS Dallin Leavitt (2), senior RB Tonny Lindsey Jr. (4), senior QB Kent Myers (2) and senior DE Ian Togiai (19).
OFFENSIVE PLAYER NOTES
* Senior RB LaJuan Hunt (21) recorded his second-straight 100-yard rushing game as he finished with 111 yards on 13 carries. Overall, it is his third 100-yard rushing game of the season and the fourth of his career. The last Aggie to have back-to-back 100-yard rushing games was Joey DeMartino in 2013.
* Senior RB LaJuan Hunt has now rushed for 1,681 yards in his career to rank 11th all-time in school history. Hunt is now 278 yards shy of entering the top 10. Hunt has also carried the 397 times in his career and is now just four carries shy of ranking in the top-10 all-time in school history.
* Senior RB LaJuan Hunt scored his ninth rushing touchdown of the season and the 16th of his career on a 48-yard run in the third quarter.
* Sophomore WR Gerold Bright scored his first rushing touchdown of the season and the second of his career on a career-long 60-yard rush in the first quarter. Bright finished the game with a career-high eight carries for a career-best 93 yards.
* Redshirt freshman QB Jordan Love (10) threw his sixth touchdown pass of the season on a 10-yard completion in the first quarter. Love also scored on a 15-yard run in the third quarter for his second rushing touchdown of the season. Love finished the game with a season-high 47 rushing yards.
* Junior WR Ron’quavion Tarver (1) caught his fifth touchdown pass of the season and the eighth of his career on a 10-yard reception in the first quarter.
* Senior WR Braleon Roberts (88) caught his third touchdown pass of the season and the fourth of his career on a 49-yard reception in the second quarter. Roberts finished with a career-high 55 receiving yards.
* Senior QB Kent Myers (2) threw his eighth touchdown pass of the season and 39th of his career on a 49-yard completion in the second quarter. For Myers, he now ranks tied for fourth all-time in school history with 39 career touchdown passes with Brent Snyder (1987-88). Myers has now thrown at least one touchdown pass in 24 career games.
* Senior QB Kent Myers was 3-of-6 passing for 51 yards and has now passed for 6,123 yards in his career as he moved ahead of Eric Hipple (1976-79, 6,073) and Brent Snyder (1987-88, 6,105) today and into fifth-place all-time in school history. For his career, Myers has now attempted 878 passes as he moved ahead Snyder (874) today and into fourth-place all-time in school history.
* Senior QB Kent Myers rushed for 30 yards on four carries today and now has 1,406 rushing yards in his career to rank 17th all-time in school history as he moved ahead of Joey DeMartino (2010-13, 1,378) and Diondre Borel (2007-10, 1,398) today. Overall, Myers is now second all-time in school history in rushing yards by a quarterback, trailing Chuckie Keeton (2011-15), who ranks 15th all-time in school history with 1,415 yards.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER NOTES
* Senior CB Jalen Davis (13) had 1.0 sacks in the first quarter, giving him 4.0 sacks and 5.0 tackles for loss this season, and 8.0 sacks and 17.0 tackles for loss in his career. Davis also had a career-high four pass breakups, giving him 12 on the season and 34 pass breakups in his career to extend his own school record.
* Junior LB Chase Christiansen (48) had 1.0 sacks in the first quarter, giving him 1.0 sacks and 3.0 tackles for loss this season, and 3.0 sacks and 7.0 tackles for loss in his career. Christiansen also had his first career pass breakup in the second quarter.
* Redshirt freshman LB David Woodward (9) had his first career sack in the first quarter, and added 0.5 tackles for loss in the third quarter, giving him 2.0 tackles for loss on the season.
* Sophomore LB Justus Te’i (51) had 0.5 tackles for loss in the second quarter, his first this season, giving him 2.5 tackles for loss in his career. Te’i also recovered his second fumble of the season and his career in the second quarter.
* Sophomore DE Devon Anderson (91) had 0.5 tackles for loss in the second quarter, giving him 2.5 tackles for loss this season.
* Junior BS Gaje Ferguson (23) forced his first career fumble in the second quarter.
* Redshirt freshman DE Logan Lee (47) had 0.5 sacks in the third quarter, the first sack of his career.
* Freshman LB Maika Magalei (39) had 0.5 sacks in the third quarter, giving him 2.5 sacks on the season.
* Redshirst freshman NG Ritisoni Fata (90) had 0.5 tackles for loss in the third quarter, giving him 1.5 tackles for loss on the season.
* Sophomore NG Christopher ‘Unga (96) had 1.0 tackles for loss in the fourth quarter, giving him 4.5 tackles for loss this season and 5.0 tackles for loss in his career.
* Junior DE Adewale Adeoye (55) had a career-high six tackles and forced his first career fumble in the second quarter.
* Senior CB Wesley Bailey (8) had one pass breakup, giving him two pass breakups this year and six in his career.
SPECIAL TEAM PLAYER NOTES
* Sophomore PK Dominik Eberle (62) was 1-of-2 on field goal attempts as he made a 20-yarder and missed a 46-yarder. Eberle is now 16-of-18 on the season and 19-of-23 in his career on field goal attempts, including 8-of-8 this season and 10-of-10 in his career from 20-29 yards, and 4-of-5 this season and 5-of-8 in his career from 40-49 yards.
* Junior P Aaron Dalton (89) had one punt downed inside the 20-yard line, giving him 19 punts this year and 65 in his career that have been downed inside the 20-yard line.
Aggies in the NFL - Week 13
Thirteen former Aggies are on active NFL rosters. See how they did in week 13.12/05/2017
Transcript: Utah State...
Utah State head football coach Matt Wells held a media teleconference Sunday night to discuss the...12/03/2017
Utah State Football Will...
Utah State football will face New Mexico State in the third-annual NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl...12/03/2017
Utah State Football Has Six...
Along with Jalen Davis and Dominik Eberle’s first-team honors, Utah State also had four...11/29/2017
Aggies in the NFL - Week 12
Thirteen former Aggies are on active NFL rosters. See how they did in week 12.11/27/2017
Utah State Ends Regular...
Redshirt freshman quarterback Jordan Love completed 17-of-30 passes for 284 yards and two...11/26/2017
Aggies in the NFL - Week 11
Thirteen former Aggies are on active NFL rosters. See how they did in week 11.11/21/2017
Utah State Coaching Staff...
When the game is on the line, LaJuan Hunt is just the player who coaches want carrying the ball...11/21/2017
Official Aggie Gear