Nov. 23, 2013
Final Stats |
LOGAN, Utah -
* Utah State recorded its first shutout since Oct. 25, 2003 when it defeated Arkansas State, 49-0, at home. Furthermore, the 13 points scored are the fewest by USU in a win since its 13-12 home win against Fresno State in 2006.
* With its seventh win today, Utah State has now assured itself of three-straight winning seasons for the first time since 1978-80.
* Utah State's senior class extended its own school record by winning its 29th game during the last four years.
* Utah State has now won 17 of its last 18 league games dating back to 2011. USU has also won 11 of its last 13 home games against all opponents and seven of its last eight against league teams. Overall, USU is now 123-98 all-time at Romney Stadium.
* Utah State has now won 23 of its last 30 games dating back to the 2011 season.
* Utah State has won 10 straight games during the month of November and 12 of its last 13 games in November overall.
* Utah State improved to 7-0 on the season when it rushes at least 40 times in a game as it had 48 rushing attempts today.
* Utah State had a 100-yard rusher for the fifth time this year and 35th time in its last 61 games. Overall, USU has now won 13th straight games when it has a player rush for 100 yards.
* Utah State had a season-low 191 yards of total offense and a season-low 11 first downs. USU also had season-lows in completions (8) and attempts (18), while its 43 passing yards are its fewest since passing for 41 yards at Boise State in 2010. USU's 191 total yards of offense are its fewest since recording 181 yards of total offense against Hawai'i in 2010.
* Utah State allowed a season-low 185 yards of total offense, which is its fewest allowed since Texas State recorded just 158 yards of total offense in 2012. USU also allowed a season-low 38 yards rushing, which are its fewest since allowing just four rushing yards at San Jose State in 2012.
* Utah State did not allow a rushing touchdown today and has only allowed eight rushing touchdowns in 11 games this year. USU has also allowed just six rushes of 20 or more yards on the season, including zero today.
* Utah State has now held two opponents this year (Colorado State, Weber State) and five of its last 24 opponents scoreless in the first half.
* Utah State did not score a first-half touchdown for the first time in its last 19 games dating back to Oct. 5, 2011 when it lost at BYU, 6-3.
* Utah State has now led at the half in 21 of its last 26 games and is 18-3 in those games, including a 6-1 record this year.
* Utah State now has a 208-111 scoring advantage in the first-half this season, including a 71-23 mark in its last four games.
* Utah State did not score in the first quarter for the fourth time this season as it was also held scoreless in the first quarter against UNLV, Boise State and USC.
* Utah State has now held 21 of its last 27 opponents without a first quarter touchdown, including five opponents this year (CSU, UH, UNM, SJSU, WSU).
* With its two interceptions today, Utah State has now intercepted 13 passes in its last seven games.
* Senior RB Joey DeMartino had a career-high 35 rushing attempts for 127 yards for his fifth 100-yard rushing game of the season and his career. Overall, it is his third 100 yard rushing game in his last four outings. Those 35 rushing attempts by DeMartino are the most by an Aggie since Emmett White carried the ball 38 times against Weber State in 2001.
* Senior RB Joey DeMartino now has 1,062 career rushing yards to become the 26th player in school history to rush for 1,000 yards in a career.
* Senior RB Joey DeMartino scored his 11th rushing touchdown of the season and the 12th of his career.
* Senior WR Travis Reynolds extended his streak with at least one catch to 20-straight games, which is the longest streak by an Aggie since Stanley Morrison (2008-11) caught a pass in 37 straight games.
* Senior WR Travis Reynolds had two catches for 14 yards, giving him 1,176 receiving yards in his career moving ahead of Fred Fernandes (1979-83) and into 25th-place all-time at USU.
* Freshman TE Wyatt Houston caught a career-high two passes.
* Junior LB Zach Vigil intercepted his first career pass. Vigil also had 0.5 sacks to give him 2.0 sacks this year and 7.5 sacks in his career.
* Junior LB Zach Vigil now has 101 tackles on the season with his nine tackles today and is now just the 15th player in school history to record 100-plus tackles twice in a career as he had 105 tackles last season.
* Senior LB Jake Doughty had 12 tackles giving him seven double-digit tackle games this year and 11 in his career. Doughty now has 277 tackles in his career to rank 18th all-time in school history.
* Redshirt freshman LB Nick Vigil intercepted his first career pass.
* Senior CB Tay Glover-Wright recorded his first career sack.
* Senior NG AJ Pataiali'i tied his career-high with five tackles.
* Freshman DT Ricky Ali'ifua had 0.5 sacks to give him 1.5 sacks this season.
* Sophomore NG Travis Seefeldt recorded his second sack of the season and his career.
* Senior S Maurice Alexander had 1.0 sacks to give him 2.5 sacks this year and 5.5 sacks in his career.
* Freshman QB Darell Garretson improved to 4-0 as a starter, which is a freshman school record, and tied with Adam Kennedy for the best start by a quarterback in school history. Garretson also had a career-long rush of 22 yards.
* Junior P Jaron Bentrude had a career-high eight punts downed inside the 20, with two of them downed inside the 10. On the season, Bentrude now has 23 punts downed inside the 20.
* Junior PK Nick Diaz is now 14-of-19 on field goals this season, including 7-of-9 from 20-29 yards, 3-of-5 from 30-39 and 4-of-5 from 40-49 yards. In his career, Diaz is now 24-of-32 on field goals including 10-of-13 form 20-29 yards, 5-of-7 from 30-39 yards and 8-of-10 from 40-49 yards.