Nov. 30, 2013
LOGAN, Utah -
* Utah State has won the Mountain Division of the Mountain West Conference and will now play in the inaugural Mountain West Championship game next weekend against Fresno State in either Logan or Fresno.
* Utah State's seven league wins are a school record, bettering the 1936 and 2012 teams that both won six league games.
* Utah State's five-game winning streak is tied with the 1910, 1911, 1931, 1964, 1972, 1978 and 2011 teams for the ninth-longest winning streak in school history.
* Utah State's eight wins this season are tied with the 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965 and 1971 teams for the fourth-most wins in a single-season in school history.
* Head coach Matt Wells has tied former USU head coach Tony Knap for most wins by a first-year head coach with eight as Knap's 1963 team went 8-2.
* Utah State has now won 24 of its last 31 games overall, including 18 of its last 19 against league opponents.
* Utah State has now won 12 of its last 14 home games against all opponents, including eight of its last nine against conference foes.
* Utah State has now won 10 straight games during the month of November and 12 of its last 13 overall during the month of November.
* Utah State improved to 67-37-3 all-time on Senior Day.
* Utah State's senior class won its 30th game today to extend its own school record. The previous record for wins by a senior class was 26 held by the 1962 and 2012 teams.
* Utah State set a single-season attendance record at Romney Stadium as USU had 139,576 fans attend games this season. The previous attendance record was 129,206 set in 1996.
* Utah State did not allow a rushing touchdown today and has allowed just eight rushing touchdowns in 12 games this year. USU has also only allowed six rushes of 20 or more yards on the season.
* Utah State is now 19-3 in its last 22 games when leading at the end of the first half, including a 7-1 record this season.
* Utah State has now held three opponents this year and six of its last 25 opponents scoreless in the first half, while holding 16 of its last 25 opponents without a first half touchdown, including six opponents this year.
* Utah State has now held 22 of its last 28 opponents without a first quarter touchdown, including six teams this season. Furthermore, USU has now held four opponents this year and 14 of its last 25 opponents scoreless in the first quarter.
* Utah State now has a 229-111 scoring advantage in the first half this season, including a 92-23 advantage in its last five games.
* With its first quarter interception, Utah State has now intercepted 14 passes in its last eight games.
* Utah State improved to 8-0 on the season when it has at least 40 rushing attempts after carrying the ball 45 times today. USU has also won 14 straight games when it has a 100-yard rusher as it had its sixth 100-yard rusher of the season. During its last 62 games, USU has had a 100-yard rusher 36 times.
* Utah State held Wyoming to just 28 net yards rushing, which is a season-low by a USU opponent and the fewest since limiting San Jose State to just four net yards rushing in 2012.
* Aggies who made their first career start include junior WR Ronald Butler and junior WR Shaan Johnson.
* Senior RB Joey DeMartino became the 17th player in school history to rush for 1,000 yards in a single-season as he now has 1,024 rushing yards this year. For his career, DeMartino has now rushed for 1,181 yards to rank 21st all-time in school history.
* Senior RB Joey DeMartino recorded his six 100-yard rushing game this season, including fourth in his last five games.
* Senior RB Joey DeMartino scored his 12th rushing touchdown this season and the 13th of his career.
* Freshman QB Darell Garretson is now 5-0 as a starter, setting the school record for consecutive wins to start a career. The old record was four straight wins by Adam Kennedy in 2011.
* Freshman QB Darell Garretson tied his career-high with three touchdown passes to give him nine touchdown passes this season and in his career.
* Freshman TE Wyatt Houston recorded his second touchdown reception of the season and his career.
* Sophomore WR Brandon Swindall caught his fifth touchdown pass of the season and his career.
* Sophomore WR Bruce Natson returned his second punt for a touchdown this season with his 64-yard return in the second quarter.
* Sophomore WR Bruce Natson caught his second touchdown pass of the season and the third of his career.
* Senior NG AJ Pataiali'i had a career-high seven tackles.
* Senior CB Tay Glover-Wright has a career-high 11 tackles, including a career-high 2.5 for loss.
* Senior LB Jake Doughty recorded his first interception of the season and second of his career. Doughty also recorded his eighth double-figure tackle outing of the season and 12th of his career with 10 tackles today.
* Redshirt freshman LB Nick Vigil recorded a career-high 3.5 sacks to give him 4.0 sacks on the season.
* Sophomore DE Jordan Nielsen recorded 0.5 sacks to give him 1.5 sacks this year and 6.5 sacks in his career.
* Redshirt freshman CB Marquan Ellison recovered his first career fumble.
*Junior P Jaron Bentrude had five punts downed inside the 20 giving him 28 punts downed inside the 20 this year, including 13 in the last two games. Bentrude also had one punt downed inside the 10 giving him 12 punts downed inside the 10 this season.
* Junior PK Nick Diaz was 5-for-5 on extra points to give him 88 extra points made and 89 attempted during his career, both of which rank third all-time in school history. Diaz is 48-of-49 on extra points this year to rank second all-time at USU for a single-season in both categories.
Utah State Football to Hold...
Utah State football’s annual Blue vs. White Spring Game, presented by Jack’s Tire &...04/07/2017
Utah State Quarterbacks...
Utah State football held its 14th spring practice Thursday afternoon on Merlin Olsen Field at...04/06/2017
Utah State Football Has...
Utah State football had five players named to the National Football Foundation & College Hall of ...04/05/2017
Utah State Football Has...
Utah State football will have four of its games televised this fall on CBS Sports Network, ESPN...04/05/2017
Utah State Specialists...
Utah State football held its 13th spring practice Tuesday afternoon on Merlin Olsen Field at...04/05/2017
Mark Tommerdahl, who has 33 years of coaching experience, including 22 years as a special teams...04/03/2017
Aggies Continue to Play...
Utah State once again had solid play from both its offense and defense during its second...03/31/2017
Former Utah State Football ...
Utah State had 16 former football players work out in front of 21 National Football League (NFL) ...03/31/2017
Official Aggie Gear