Dec. 8, 2013
Final Stats |
FRESNO, Calif. -
* Utah State had its five-game winning streak snapped tonight. USU had also won 11-straight road games against league foes entering tonight's game.
* Utah State is now 4-3 on the road this season.
* Utah State is now 24-8 in its last 32 games and has lost those eight games by a combined 48 points.
* Utah State is now 2-51 all-time against ranked opponents, including a 1-40 road record.
* Utah State was 8-0 on the season when rushing at least 40 times in a game before carrying the ball 40 times tonight.
* Utah State had a season-low 51 rushing yards.
* Utah State has now intercepted 16 passes in its last nine games with its two third quarter interceptions. USU did not intercept a pass in its first four games of the season. Overall, USU has intercepted at least two passes in five games this season.
* Utah State was held scoreless in the first quarter for the fifth time this year and for the third time in its last four games.
* Utah State has held each of its last three opponents, seven opponents this year and 23 of its last 29 opponents overall without a first quarter touchdown.
* Utah State is now 1-5 in its last 28 games when trailing at the end of the first quarter and at the end of the half.
* Utah State's defense has scored three touchdowns this year on a 65-yard interception return by senior CB Nevin Lawson against Boise State, a 99-yard interception return by sophomore LB Kyler Fackrell against Hawai'i, and a 86-yard fumble return for touchdown by senior LB Jake Doughty.
* Utah State had its first fumble return for a touchdown since 2008 when DE Ben Calderwood recovered a fumble in the end zone against Idaho.
* Freshman QB Darell Garretson lost his first career game as a starter and is now 5-1 as a starting quarterback.
* Junior WR Ronald Butler had career-highs in receptions (5) and receiving yards (145) for his first career 100-yard receiving game. Butler also had a career-long reception of 48 yards.
* Sophomore WR Bruce Natson had a career-long reception of 38 yards.
* Sophomore WR Bruce Natson scored his third rushing touchdown of the season.
* Senior WR Travis Van Leeuwen tied his career-high with six receptions. Van Leewen also moved into 26th-place all-time at USU with 1,166 career receiving yards.
* Senior RB Joey DeMartino rushed for 54 yards and now has 1,235 rushing yards in his career to rank tied for 18th-place all-time at USU along with Archie Gibson (1972-73). This season, DeMartino now has 1,078 rushing yards to rank 16th at USU for a single-season.
* Junior S Brian Suite intercepted two passes in the game to give him four interceptions this season and the five in his career.
* Senior LB Jake Doughty recovered his first fumble of the season and second of his career. Doughty also scored his first career touchdown.
* Senior LB Jake Doughty had 10 tackles in the game for his ninth double-digit tackle outing of the season and 13th of his career.
* Senior LB Jake Doughty now has 140 tackles this season to rank tied for seventh all-time at USU for a single season along with Alfred Bettman (1975). For his career, Doughty now has 297 tackles to rank 17th all-time in school history.
* Senior LB Jake Doughty's 86-yard fumble return for a touchdown is the longest in the Mountain West since 2010.
* Junior DE B.J. Larsen recorded 1.0 sacks to giving him 3.5 sacks this year and 7.5 in his career.
* Senior NG AJ Pataiali'i recorded his first sack of his career.
* Sophomore LB Kyler Fackrell recorded 1.0 sacks to give him 5.0 sacks this year and 8.0 in his career.
* Senior CB Nevin Lawson forced his first career fumble.
* Senior S Maurice Alexander recovered his first career fumble.
* Junior PK Nick Diaz was 1-for-2 on field goals as he missed a 42-yarder and made a 20-yarder. Diaz is now 15-of-21 on field goals this year and 25-of-34 on field goals for his career, including 4-of-6 this year and 8-of-11 during his career from 40-49 yards, and 8-of-10 this year and 11-of-14 during his career from 20-29 yards.
* Junior P Jaron Bentrude had a punt of 50 yards giving him five punts of 50+ yards this year. Bentrude also had one punt downed inside the 20 giving him 29 punts downed inside the 20 this season.