LOGAN, Utah -
Utah State Athletics has announced some game day information for fans in preparation for the Aggies’ home game against BYU on Friday night on Merlin Olsen Field at Maverik Stadium.
Friday’s game is being sponsored by America First Credit Union. Gates at Maverik Stadium will open at 4 p.m. with kickoff slated for 6:05 p.m.
The Aggies enter their final non-conference game of the season with a 2-2 overall mark and 1-0 record in the Mountain West after a 61-10 victory at San José State last Saturday. The Cougars, who are coming off a bye week, are 1-3 and have lost three straight since opening the season with a 20-6 home win against Portland State.
Utah State and BYU are playing for possession of ‘The Old Wagon Wheel,’ the traveling trophy between the two schools. The Wheel became part of the rivalry in 1948 and since its inception, the Cougars hold a 40-23 advantage in the series. BYU currently has possession of the traveling trophy after its 28-10 win in Provo last year.
This is the first of three-straight home games for the Aggies, who will also host back-to-back Mountain West games against Colorado State and Wyoming on Saturday, Oct. 7, and Saturday, Oct. 14, respectively. Both of those contests are slated to begin at 2:30 p.m. The last time Utah State had three-straight home games was in 1997.
WHERE TO WATCH/LISTEN
• CBS Sports Network – Friday’s game between the Aggies and Cougars will be nationally televised on CBS Sports Network (Comcast Ch. 269/753HD, Dish Network Ch. 158, DirecTV Ch. 221) with Carter Blackburn (play-by-play), Aaron Taylor (analyst) and Jenny Dell (reporter) on the call.
• Local Radio – Every game can be heard live on the Aggie Radio Network. Scott Garrard serves as the play-by-play announcer, while former Utah State all-conference offensive lineman Kevin Whimpey (2012-14) will provide color analysis. KZNS 1280 AM/97.5 FM is the new flagship station for Aggie Athletics. Aggie fans can listen to all games on KBLU 92.3 FM in Logan; on KACH 1340AM/105.5 FM, a Cache Valley station; on KRPX 100.3 FM in Moab; on KRPX 95.9 FM in Orangeville; on KRPX 95.3 in Price. Additionally, fans located in the Green River, Wyo., area can listen to the games on KRPX 102.7 FM. Along with its affiliates to the Aggie Radio Network, fans can continue to tune into all audio broadcasts free of charge via the Internet at www.UtahStateAggies.com and clicking on the “Listen Live” link.
• TuneIn – Fans can listen to TuneIn for live streaming and on-demand radio broadcasts this season as Utah State Athletics and its multimedia rights holder, Learfield’s Aggie Sports Properties, recently announced a multi-year partnership with the world’s largest audio network. The new partnership provides Aggie fans a chance to hear the radio play-by-play for free via the TuneIn mobile app, which is available on iOS and Android devices, as well as TuneIn.com.
• Ticket Information – A limited number of tickets remain for Friday’s game and can be purchased at the USU Ticket Office inside the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum during regular business hours, or by calling 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305. Fans can buy their tickets online by clicking on the “Buy Tickets” tab at www.UtahStateAggies.com. Tickets will also be available at the gate, with the Maverik Stadium south and north ticket offices opening at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m., respectively, on Friday.
• Whiteout, Presented by Locker 42 – All fans are asked to wear white to the game against the Cougars. Get your whiteout gear at http://www.locker42.com.
MACEYS FAN FEST
• Tailgate Time – Prior to the Aggies and Cougars kicking off, Utah State Athletics will host the Maceys Fan Fest from 3:30-5:30 p.m. on 800 East just west of Maverik Stadium. Fans are invited to tailgate with other Aggies as activities will include live music being provided by a deejay, inflatable toys, games, giveaways and special appearances from Aggie football legends Abu Wilson and Jed DeVries, who will be autographing limited edition trading cards.
• 800 East from 1000 N to 1400 N will be closed to all traffic at 10 a.m.
• 1000 North from 800 E to 900 N is closed to all traffic.
• Where to Park – Road construction, detour information and alternate routes to access parking lots can be found at http://www.utahstateaggies.com/tickets/road-construction.html.
AGGIE SHUTTLE ROUTES
• Aggie Shuttle – From 3-6 p.m., service for the game will run along both a 1400 N. route and a 1200 E. route. Following the game, shuttle service will pick back up once traffic has thinned out.
COACH TO CURE MD
• Raising Funds and Awareness – Both the Utah State and BYU coaching staffs will be wearing special arm patches in honor of AFCA’s Coach to Cure MD program. This is the 10th year coaches around the country join together to raise funds and awareness for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Fans are encouraged to donate by texting “CURE” to 50555 or visiting www.CoachtoCureMD.org.
Fans can follow the Aggie football program at twitter.com/USUFootball or on Facebook at Utah State Football, as well as on Instagram at instagram.com/USUFootball. Aggie fans can also follow the Utah State athletic program at twitter.com/USUAthletics or on Facebook at Utah State University Athletics.
Utah State’s Jalen...
The Associated Press announced its first-ever Midseason All-America Team on Tuesday, and Utah...10/17/2017
Aggies in the NFL - Week 6
Fourteen former Aggies are on active NFL rosters. See how they did in week six.10/17/2017
Transcript: Utah State...
Utah State head football coach Matt Wells, along with special teams coordinator/running backs...10/16/2017
Aggies Continue Mountain...10/16/2017
Utah State Loses to Wyoming...
Utah State junior quarterback DJ Nelson scored his second touchdown in as many weeks, giving the ...10/14/2017
Utah State’s Patrick ...
Utah State senior linebacker Patrick Lee Miranda has moved across the country to play college...10/13/2017
Utah State Football...
Utah State Athletics has announced some game day information for fans in preparation of the...10/12/2017
Utah State Wide Receiver...
Being put on scholarship was the culmination of a lot of hard work for Utah State senior wide...10/10/2017
Official Aggie Gear