LOGAN, Utah -
Utah State Athletics has announced some game day information for fans in preparation for the Aggies’ home game against Colorado State on Saturday afternoon on Merlin Olsen Field at Maverik Stadium.
Saturday’s game is being sponsored by Zion’s Bank, while Gossner Foods and Agri-Service are the supporting sponsors. Gates at Maverik Stadium will open at 12:30 p.m. with kickoff slated for 2:30 p.m.
The Aggies (3-2, 1-0 Mountain West), who are riding a two-game winning streak, enter the game fresh off a 40-24 victory over in-state rival BYU last Friday night. The Rams are also 3-2 overall and 1-0 in conference play following a 51-21 win at Hawai’i last Saturday.
Utah State and Colorado State have spent 51 years together as league foes and have a storied history dating back to the early 1900s as both schools were members of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference from 1916-37. The Aggies have won three of the last five matchups with the Rams, including a 33-18 win at home during the 2015 campaign.
WHERE TO WATCH/LISTEN
• AT&T Sports – Saturday’s game between the Aggies and Rams will be nationally televised on AT&T Sports (Comcast Ch. 52/693HD, Dish Network Ch. 414, DirecTV Ch. 683) with Ari Wolfe (play-by-play), Sed Bonner (analyst) and Brad Thompson (reporter) on the call.
• Local Radio – Every game can be heard live on the Aggie Radio Network. Scott Garrard serves as the play-by-play announcer, while former Utah State all-conference offensive lineman Kevin Whimpey (2012-14) will provide color analysis. KZNS 1280 AM/97.5 FM is the new flagship station for Aggie Athletics. Aggie fans can listen to all games on KBLU 92.3 FM in Logan; on KACH 1340AM/105.5 FM, a Cache Valley station; on KRPX 100.3 FM in Moab; on KRPX 95.9 FM in Orangeville; on KRPX 95.3 in Price. Additionally, fans located in the Green River, Wyo., area can listen to the games on KRPX 102.7 FM. Along with its affiliates to the Aggie Radio Network, fans can continue to tune into all audio broadcasts free of charge via the Internet at www.UtahStateAggies.com and clicking on the “Listen Live” link.
• TuneIn – Fans can listen to TuneIn for live streaming and on-demand radio broadcasts this season as Utah State Athletics and its multimedia rights holder, Learfield’s Aggie Sports Properties, recently announced a multi-year partnership with the world’s largest audio network. The new partnership provides Aggie fans a chance to hear the radio play-by-play for free via the TuneIn mobile app, which is available on iOS and Android devices, as well as TuneIn.com.
• Ticket Information – Tickets for Saturday’s game can still be purchased at the USU Ticket Office inside the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum during regular business hours, or by calling 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305. Fans can buy their tickets online by clicking on the “Buy Tickets” tab at www.UtahStateAggies.com. Tickets will also be available at the gate, with the Maverik Stadium south and north ticket offices opening at 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., respectively, on Saturday.
• Tackle Cancer – Supporting Cancer Awareness and Research through USU Athletics’ partnership with the Intermountain Foundation at Logan Regional Hospital, the game will include various recognitions and PSAs to help educate fans.
• Healthcare Professional Appreciation – In conjunction with the “Tackle Cancer” promotion, all Healthcare Professionals and their families can receive a special ticket discount by visiting utahstateaggies.com/ticketpromos and entering the promo code TACKLECANCER17.
• Ag Day BBQ – Fans can enjoy Utah beef, lamb, pork, turkey and dairy products, along with onion rings, corn and salad. The event will be held from noon-2 p.m. at Craig Aston Park (1307 N. 800 East in Logan). The cost is $12 for adults (11 & older), $10 for students with a current USU ID card and $5 for children between the ages of 3 and 10. Online purchases carry an additional $1.50 convenience fee per ticket.
• Parents and Family Weekend – This is the perfect opportunity for parents, siblings, grandparents and friends to experience college life with their student-athlete. For more information, please visit http://www.usu.edu/parents/parentsweekend.
• Jr. Aggie Stampede – All members of the Junior Aggie Kid’s Club will be invited to run onto the field prior to the game. Members must have their wristband credential to participate. It’s not too late to join, visit www.utahstateaggies.com/junioraggies to register.
MACEYS FAN FEST TAILGATE
• Tailgate Time – Prior to the Aggies and Rams kicking off, Utah State Athletics will host the Maceys Fan Fest Tailgate from noon-2 p.m. on 800 East just west of Maverik Stadium. Fans are invited to tailgate with other Aggies as activities will include live music being provided by a deejay, inflatable toys, games, giveaways and special appearances from the men’s basketball, softball and women’s tennis teams.
OTHER AGGIES IN ACTION AT HOME
• Utah State Volleyball – The Aggies will open a three-match homestand on Thursday night by hosting Wyoming at the Wayne Estes Center at 7 p.m. Utah State will also take on Colorado State on Saturday, Oct. 7, at 8 p.m. and Boise State on Tuesday, Oct. 10, at 7 p.m. Fans who show their CSU football ticket stub can get into Saturday night’s match for just $1.
• Utah State Soccer – The Aggies continue their season-long four-game homestand with a pair of contests this weekend at Chuck & Gloria Bell Field. Utah State hosts Colorado College on Friday, Oct. 6, at 3 p.m., and will welcome Air Force to town on Sunday, Oct. 8, at 1 p.m.
• Utah State Cross Country – Utah State’s men’s and women’s cross country teams, ranked 27th and 19th, respectively, in the latest U.S. Track & and Cross Country Coaches Association national poll, will host the Steve T. Reeder Memorial Invitational on Friday, Oct. 6, at 3 p.m. at the Steve and Dona Reeder Cross Country Course.
• Utah State Softball – The Aggies will continue their fall schedule by hosting a doubleheader on Sunday, Oct. 8, at LaRee and LeGrand Johnson Field. Utah State will take on the College of Southern Idaho at 11 a.m., followed by a tilt against Utah Valley at 3 p.m.
BLUE GOES GREEN
• Sustainability in Athletics – Utah State will be competing against other colleges and universities across the nation in this year’s Game Day Recycling Challenge – a waste reduction and recycling competition. In the Aggies’ game against Colorado State, the school’s will not only be competing for points, but fans will also be competing in pounds of material diverted through recycling, composting and food donations versus the amount thrown away in the stadium and tailgate areas. Fans are encouraged to show their Aggie spirit by using the Pepsi recycling bins and re-using their commemorative cups.
• 800 East from 1000 N to 1400 N will be closed to all traffic at 8 a.m.
• 1000 North from 800 E to 900 N is closed to all traffic. However, ADA pedestrian access is available near the Merlin Olsen Statue on the south side of Maverik Stadium.
• Where to Park – Road construction, detour information and alternate routes to access parking lots can be found at http://www.utahstateaggies.com/tickets/road-construction.html.
Fans can follow the Aggie football program at twitter.com/USUFootball or on Facebook at Utah State Football, as well as on Instagram at instagram.com/USUFootball. Aggie fans can also follow the Utah State athletic program at twitter.com/USUAthletics or on Facebook at Utah State University Athletics.
Utah State Football to...
Utah State head football coach Matt Wells will discuss his sixth recruiting class in a press...02/06/2018
Keith Patterson Named...
Keith Patterson, who has 15 years of collegiate coaching experience, including 11 seasons as...01/30/2018
Utah State’s Jalen...
Utah State’s Jalen Davis will travel to New Haven, Conn., on Thursday, Jan. 11, to take...01/10/2018
2017 Utah State Football...
Utah State finished the 2017 season by playing in its sixth bowl game in the last seven seasons...01/09/2018
Aggies in the NFL - Week 17
Thirteen former Aggies are on active NFL rosters. See how they did in week 17.01/02/2018
Utah State Caps 2017 Season...
New Mexico State running back Larry Rose III scored the game-winning touchdown in overtime on a...12/29/2017
Utah State Football...
Utah State football completed its preparation for the NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl on Thursday...12/28/2017
Utah State Football Has...
Utah State football completed a busy day of activities surrounding the NOVA Home Loans Arizona...12/27/2017
Official Aggie Gear