LOGAN, Utah -
Utah State Athletics has announced some game day information for fans in preparation of the Aggies’ Homecoming game against Wyoming on Saturday afternoon on Merlin Olsen Field at Maverik Stadium.
Saturday’s game is being sponsored by Smith’s, while Staker Parson Companies is the supporting sponsor. Gates at Maverik Stadium will open at 12:30 p.m. with kickoff slated for 2:30 p.m.
The Aggies (3-3, 1-1 Mountain West) enter the game fresh off a 27-14 loss to Colorado State last Saturday afternoon. The Cowboys, who are 3-2 overall and 1-0 in conference play, had a bye last weekend.
Utah State and Wyoming have a storied history dating back to the early 1900s as both schools were members of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC) from 1916-37, and later members of the Mountain States/Skyline Conference from 1938-61. Along with its current membership in the Mountain West, the Aggies and Cowboys have been league foes for a total of 52 years.
In what is the fourth-most played rivalry in school history, Utah State leads the series with Wyoming 38-25-4, including 25-10-1 at home. The Aggies have won three straight at home over the Cowboys.
WHERE TO WATCH/LISTEN
• Facebook – Saturday’s Homecoming contest against Wyoming, through a partnership with Stadium, will be Utah State’s final of three games this season that will air exclusively on Facebook. Chris Hassel (play-by-play), AJ Hawk (analyst), Shae Peppler (reporter) and Paige Zamora (sidelines/social media) will be on the call.
• Local Radio – Every game can be heard live on the Aggie Radio Network. Scott Garrard serves as the play-by-play announcer, while former Utah State all-conference offensive lineman Kevin Whimpey (2012-14) will provide color analysis. KZNS 1280 AM/97.5 FM is the new flagship station for Aggie Athletics. Aggie fans can listen to all games on KBLU 92.3 FM in Logan; on KACH 1340AM/105.5 FM, a Cache Valley station; on KRPX 100.3 FM in Moab; on KRPX 95.9 FM in Orangeville; on KRPX 95.3 in Price. Additionally, fans located in the Green River, Wyo., area can listen to the games on KRPX 102.7 FM. Along with its affiliates to the Aggie Radio Network, fans can continue to tune into all audio broadcasts free of charge via the Internet at www.UtahStateAggies.com and clicking on the “Listen Live” link.
• TuneIn – Fans can listen to TuneIn for live streaming and on-demand radio broadcasts this season as Utah State Athletics and its multimedia rights holder, Learfield’s Aggie Sports Properties, recently announced a multi-year partnership with the world’s largest audio network. The new partnership provides Aggie fans a chance to hear the radio play-by-play for free via the TuneIn mobile app, which is available on iOS and Android devices, as well as TuneIn.com.
• Ticket Information – Tickets for Saturday’s game can still be purchased at the USU Ticket Office inside the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum during regular business hours, or by calling 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305. Fans can buy their tickets online by clicking on the “Buy Tickets” tab at www.UtahStateAggies.com. Tickets will also be available at the gate, with the Maverik Stadium south and north ticket offices opening at 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., respectively, on Saturday.
• Homecoming – Return to Cache Valley and reconnect with old classmates, make new friends, visit favorite professors and experience the campus as it is today. For more information, visit http://www.usu.edu/homecoming/.
AGGIE REMEMBRANCE CEREMONY
• Gone But Not Forgotten – Before the Aggies and Cowboys kick off, Utah State will hold the Aggie Remembrance Ceremony at 1 p.m. at the Merlin Olsen Statue on the southeast concourse of Maverik Stadium. The ceremony will consist of a brief statement of purpose, a short prayer by team chaplain Tojo Fairman and conclude with the Aggie Roll Call. The roll call is when someone in the audience calls out the name of an Aggie who has passed on. The short program will last roughly 15 minutes.
MACEYS FAN FEST TAILGATE
• Tailgate Time – Prior to the Aggies and Cowboys kicking off, Utah State Athletics will host the Maceys Fan Fest Tailgate from noon-2 p.m., on 800 East just west of Maverik Stadium. Fans are invited to tailgate with other Aggies as activities will include live music being provided by a deejay, inflatable toys, games, giveaways and special appearances from the women’s basketball, volleyball and gymnastics teams.
• 800 East from 1000 N to 1400 N will be closed to all traffic at 8 a.m.
• 1000 North from 800 E to 900 N is closed to all traffic. However, ADA pedestrian access is available near the Merlin Olsen Statue on the south side of Maverik Stadium.
• Where to Park – Road construction, detour information and alternate routes to access parking lots can be found at http://www.utahstateaggies.com/tickets/road-construction.html.
Fans can follow the Aggie football program at twitter.com/USUFootball or on Facebook at Utah State Football, as well as on Instagram at instagram.com/USUFootball. Aggie fans can also follow the Utah State athletic program at twitter.com/USUAthletics or on Facebook at Utah State University Athletics.
Utah State’s Jalen...
Utah State's Jalen Davis has been named a Walter Camp Football Foundation First Team All-American...12/07/2017
Utah State One of Seven...
Utah State has earned the 2017 American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) Academic Achievement ...12/07/2017
Aggies in the NFL - Week 13
Thirteen former Aggies are on active NFL rosters. See how they did in week 13.12/05/2017
Transcript: Utah State...
Utah State head football coach Matt Wells held a media teleconference Sunday night to discuss the...12/03/2017
Utah State Football Will...
Utah State football will face New Mexico State in the third-annual NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl...12/03/2017
Utah State Football Has Six...
Along with Jalen Davis and Dominik Eberle’s first-team honors, Utah State also had four...11/29/2017
Aggies in the NFL - Week 12
Thirteen former Aggies are on active NFL rosters. See how they did in week 12.11/27/2017
Utah State Ends Regular...
Redshirt freshman quarterback Jordan Love completed 17-of-30 passes for 284 yards and two...11/26/2017
Official Aggie Gear