Utah State Women's Tennis Falls to Boise State Friday, 5-2
Feb. 15, 2013
BOISE, Idaho -
Utah State women's tennis fell to Boise State, 5-2, at home Friday. The Aggies won two of the six singles matches and lost two straight matches in doubles play, leaving them with two points for the match.
In singles play, sophomore McKenzie Davis took on Sandy Vo in the No. 1 spot, defeating her in straight sets (6-2, 6-3). Senior Jaci West took down Manuela Pietzuch in the No. 2 spot after three sets (4-6, 7-6, 6-1). In the No. 3 spot, senior Julie Tukuafu fell in straight sets to Teal Vosburgh (6-0, 6-3), and in the No. 4 spot senior Kristina Voytsekhovich was defeated by Morgan Basil after three sets (6-3, 3-6, 6-4). In the No. 5 singles spot, freshman Kallie Sperry fell to Morgan LaLone in straight sets (6-3, 6-4). And at No. 6 singles, Sammie Watson defeated sophomore Hillary Hays in straight sets (6-2, 6-0).
In doubles action, Voytsekhovich and Tukuafu were defeated by Vo and Basil, 8-4, at the second position. At the third position, Hays and Sperry were taken down by LaLone and Watson, 8-4. At the first doubles position, West and Davis took on the Pietzuch twins. The match was left unfinished after Boise State won two of the doubles matches and took the point.
USU will next host in-state rival Weber State Wednesday, Feb. 20. The match will take place at the Sports Academy and Racquet Club in Logan and will begin at 12 p.m.
BSU: 5 USU: 2
1. Mackenzie Davis (USU) def. Sandy Vo (BSU) 6-2, 6-3
2. Jaci West (USU) def. Manuela Pietzuch (BSU) 4-6, 7-6, 6-1
3. Teal Vosburgh (BSU) def. Julie Tukuafu (USU) 6-0, 6-3
4. Morgan Basil (BSU) def. Kristina Voytsekhovich (USU) 6-3, 3-6, 6-4
5. Megan LaLone (BSU) def. Kallie Sperry (USU) 6-3, 6-4
6. Sammie Watson (BSU) def. Hillary Hays (USU) 6-2, 6-0
1. Davis/West (USU) vs Pietzuch/Pietzuch (BSU) 6-5, UF
2. Vo/Basil (BSU) def. Voytsekhovich/Tukuafu (USU) 8-4
3. LaLone/Watson (BSU) def. Hays/Sperry (USU) 8-4